• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Depression Three (Atlantic Surprise)

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
NHC will start issuing advisories at 5 pm on TD 3, should be short lived but then again who knows, no model really showed this developing.

Myfrotho704_

Reaction score
Right behind the storm, there appears to be a ULL, and recently, cloud tops have warmed and were not seeing those towers we saw earlier, still looks decent tho

CyclonicFury

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting this to become a TD. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even last 24 hours. But this system proved me wrong, I didn't think it had a chance.

Myfrotho704_

Reaction score
Interesting I'd almost expect Chantal at this point given how much its developed already
The name of my girl, lol, but it has a crack at it, wonder if that cycle at night may be enough to push it to TS status, diurnal cycle is working against it now (diurnal convection in Cuba/FL and warmer cloud tops with td3)

BufordWX

Reaction score
Looks like it has strengthened a tiny bit.

5 AM Advisory:
: 40 miles ENE of West Palm Beach, Fl or 55 miles NW of Freeport Grand Bahama Island
Sustained winds: 35 mph (+5)
Movement: N at 12 mph
Minimum pressure: 1012 mb (-1)

Brent

Reaction score
I'm off to a poor start this year with predictions apparently lol

Recon is very close to supporting Chantal

BufordWX

Reaction score
NHC 11 AM advisory:

Tropical depression 3 dissipates. This is the last advisory.

That’s a wrap folks.