• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Time for maps?? Lol

Deltadog03 said:
2nd call map folks...

28we590.jpg

I am with you! My map would look the same.

GaWx said:
Chris,
Looks reasonable.

Chris, awesome map, hope it verifies. But just wondering, are you less concerned about ZR now on the southern fringes? you seem to call it a rain/snow/sleet mix now. Also, before you were saying we had a high in a perfect spot for CAD. Is CAD looking like less of a threat with this storm now or same amount?

I like it!! "Roadtrip" Lol!

Im probably going to wait until after the 0z runs tonight to update the first call map (if you wanna call it that) I put out a few days ago. Definitely still a little early for thinking about exact amounts but I think a reasonable, somewhat conservative (& rightfully so) scenario west of I-95 in NC is for ~ 2-5"... Georgia and your neck of the woods is probably a little tougher because the entire dynamic of the storm changes thereafter from overrunning to a strengthening Miller A off/along the coast of the Carolinas

Webberweather53 said:
I like it!! "Roadtrip" Lol!

Im probably going to wait until after the 0z runs tonight to update the first call map (if you wanna call it that) I put out a few days ago. Definitely still a little early for thinking about exact amounts but I think a reasonable, somewhat conservative (& rightfully so) scenario west of I-95 in NC is for ~ 2-5"... Georgia and your neck of the woods is probably a little tougher because the entire dynamic of the storm changes thereafter from overrunning to a strengthening Miller A off/along the coast of the Carolinas

So you're saying that the Carolinas will have more moisture to work with than North GA? BTW, I'll be very interested to see your map. I've been reading this forum/talkweather for years and have come to learn to listen to you almost more than anyone else for a very informative/detailed, extremely knowledgeable prediction. You're definitely one of the best this forum has to offer!

for western areas like miss alabama and even georgia nam says ....what system

brief light snow showers lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Was going to make a map but after the 0z guidance so far who the hell knows whats going to happen

As bad I hate to say it. Models keeps trending worse which sucks! But this might be final call map.
8621c973b46da77b5a87b86c8e72602a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no map from me, just how I think it plays out

North Carolina
d7d30bf6e85217b5037898b328d58391.jpg

rest of southeast
86c12daea0c7b0ea8febbecf68d82fd3.jpg
( this might be generous for some )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thoughts from the CAE NWS:

Here is my first call map for North Carolina, not going to be easy figuring out the snow totals here as the jackpot zone will be pretty thin. I think upwards of 3-6" in that sweet spot is a good bet atm...

First-Call-NC-Snowmap-Jan-4-2017.png

First call RAH snowfall... These will probably come upwards as we hone in on the jackpot zone...

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Back