• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

THE Man Cave BBB

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
Buy me one too. Frost zapped my bermuda im back to winter conditions
Well this is covers the family vacation this year. Yea the maintenance you have to do for real grass it a pain. I’m sure you have to mow and water every other day on your green.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Im close to ripping up my current green and replacing it with 419 or tiftuf. You really can't beat how much more drought tolerant and mow tolerant the true turf bermuda grasses are versus the seed

Sandbar

Reaction score
Im close to ripping up my current green and replacing it with 419 or tiftuf. You really can't beat how much more drought tolerant and mow tolerant the true turf bermuda grasses are versus the seed
Go with the tiftuf! It greens up quicker, goes dormant later, is more dense and very drought tolerant. Its worth the extra price. I did my entire lawn 2 years ago. It likes to be cut low.....

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Go with the tiftuf! It greens up quicker, goes dormant later, is more dense and very drought tolerant. Its worth the extra price. I did my entire lawn 2 years ago. It likes to be cut low.....
You get it from supersod? It looks great in the pics ive seen online

Sandbar

Reaction score
You get it from supersod? It looks great in the pics ive seen online
Mine came from Georgia. My wife's family farms so we took the big rig down and hauled it back. Not sure who sales it around here other than supersod. They are just so expensive. Hauling it is where they rape you so if you have access to a flatbed to go and pick it up you will save a ton.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine came from Georgia. My wife's family farms so we took the big rig down and hauled it back. Not sure who sales it around here other than supersod. They are just so expensive. Hauling it is where they rape you so if you have access to a flatbed to go and pick it up you will save a ton.
That's awesome man you can't go wrong with that. The trans is what's keeping me away from buying right now. I am ok with the prices but depending on the farm up to $500 delivery is insanity

Sandbar

Reaction score
That's awesome man you can't go wrong with that. The trans is what's keeping me away from buying right now. I am ok with the prices but depending on the farm up to $500 delivery is insanity
How many pallets are you looking at? Sometimes they will piggyback a delivery with somebody else and cut you a break depending on the amount you order

Sandbar

Reaction score
I actually told you wrong my man. It was TifGrand that I got not tiftuf. Both are great but the TifGrand was a little darker

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I actually told you wrong my man. It was TifGrand that I got not tiftuf. Both are great but the TifGrand was a little darker
TifGrand is good stuff since it comes from the dwarf line.

I am really looking for any quantity at this point just to redo my golf area in the backyard.

At some point I would like to redo the whole thing but I would need 2 truckloads Cost wise that isn't horrible but I don't have irrigation so everything is still hose and tripod and there is no way I could do 20,000 sq ft that way at once.

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Herbie, I agree we made it through another week. Ill have a silver bullet as well giphy - 2020-04-24T181527.264.gif

Ok maybe I've already had more than 1

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
Well day 1 is done, got the pipes in and covered. Will let the yard dry out this weekend and start early Monday. The goal is to be done by Friday.

accu35

Reaction score
My wife always ask me as well, who you laughing at? " Nothing, just reading something funny". Or, "we are under a tornado warning its headed our way" me, " baby, thats for northern Clarke Co. we good here" her, " no, my phone is going off" me, " I'm looking at the weather radar and you know I'm a weather man, lol"

Lickwx

Reaction score
I sure am shrinking after no gym for all these weeks. Crazy how fast it goes away.
Im a personal trainer I can send you some home workouts. I haven't shrunk one bit, been keeping up and slowly procuring weights as I find them. Though I'm sure if i tried to squat my usual weight right now It wouldn't be too easy.

Good news is once you gain muscle, if you lose it , wont take too long at all to gain it back.

Bham 99

Reaction score
Im a personal trainer I can send you some home workouts. I haven't shrunk one bit, been keeping up and slowly procuring weights as I find them. Though I'm sure if i tried to squat my usual weight right now It wouldn't be too easy.

Good news is once you gain muscle, if you lose it , wont take too long at all to gain it back.
Thanks man. Part of the issue is I've been running alot too. Gyms will prob reopen soon here in sc though!