• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Temp predictions for CAD zones tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WeatherLC

Right now FFC has most of northeast GA getting up towards 60 tomorrow. What do you guys predict in terms of CAD erosion?

Not enough or perhaps any moisture so it want be insutu and has no mechanisim to sustain itself or fight back against the waa onslaught. This will be one of the few times it goes down. Now if it would .20 qpf that'd change the whole game and it'd fight off the sw wind. Cads always last longer than modeled and take longer to breakdown. But they need NE surface wind or precip in order to become hybird and survive longer than models predict. This event has neitheir.

NCSNOW link said:
Not enough or perhaps any moisture so it want be insutu and has no mechanisim to sustain itself or fight back against the waa onslaught. This will be one of the few times it goes down. Now if it would .20 qpf that'd change the whole game and it'd fight off the sw wind. Cads always last longer than modeled and take longer to breakdown. But they need NE surface wind or precip in order to become hybird and survive longer than models predict. This event has neitheir.

Well, in-situ or not, the wedge is almost always more stout than any modeling is capable of. You are right, however; about if there is enough precip to lock it in and become in-situ. If this does indeed happen, then high temps in the CAD locations of North GA will bust bigtime and will go almost nowhere most of the day(30s), but if not enough precip is realized; even though forecasts are still likely too warm as is, the degree of strong WAA predicted will cause the wedge to break down and CAD locations will warm into the 50s. It will be very interesting to monitor. However, with or without precip, as the wedge front is moving NEward as a warm front early Saturday, there will likely be a crazy temperature gradient from the south side to north side of Atlanta, likely something in the 20F range, maybe greater!

We'll today will be MBY first sub freezing day. Sitting at 26 degrees and dense overcast with 4 hours of daylight left. Not gonna sniff the forecasted high of 36.

NCSNOW link said:
We'll today will be MBY first sub freezing day. Sitting at 26 degrees and dense overcast with 4 hours of daylight left. Not gonna sniff the forecasted high of 36.

Where are you in NC?

Northern Randolph County. Right Below Greensboro. Sitting at 26 degrees with a -3 DP 1:00 pm

NCSNOW link said:
Northern Randolph County. Right Below Greensboro. Sitting at 26 degrees with a -3 DP 1:00 pm

Wow I envy you. You're right in the heart of NC's CAD. Granted you get enough moisture, if you don't get a few hundreds of ice out of this I'll be surprised. I'm grasping at little tiny straws where I'm at. It's 37.1 here with a 13 dp. DP keeps rising. It's 50 in Birmingham, I suppose a sign of the imcoming strong WAA. I have a feeling if there's not enough precip to keep the wedge locked in, it's gonna be blown to shreds in the morning.

Temp predictions for CAD zones tomorrow

So far the east winds seem to be hanging tough.  Getting gust to near 15 here this hour.  Missed the forecast high by 4 degrees today and only hit 40.9 briefly.  Back down to the mid 30s now.  Interested to see how this plays out tonight/tomorrow morning.  DP is 12 right now.  Wouldn't take much drizzle to cause issues if temperatures continue to fall.  Also, overcast out since around 4PM.

There's already substantial temperature differences between the warm sector and cold dome. It was 53 last hour in Anniston and 34.4 here right now with a dp of 16. Just gimme some rain to fall into this cold dome and I doubt it'll budge very soon in the morning. Also had my first sub 40 high today, only hit 39.0.

8f24a7cd832d75b591126e200bbc7993.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

what an amazing temperature contrast - I used to live in Tuscaloosa/Birmingham and never experienced CAD/"wedge" weather until I moved to the Carolinas (my wife is from Greensboro, NC).
I've commented to my family/friends that Birmingham is the coldest city in the winter which receives the least amount of snow - hated winters there - winters are better here (Upstate SC) but not by much.

c4799ff0ad5839dc7acc9d476e70b3af.gif

Beautiful look at the wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home from work to a pretty decent temperature gradient across North GA. 40.1 at my location but 62 in Peachtree City. Had the precip started earlier when temps/dp's were lower, the difference would be even more dramatic right now. It's interesting that FFC still has my forecast high at 54. I'm thinking that will bust unless the warm front can surge NEward but with a continued light E/NE wind, not sure it will make it here.

Temps continue to soar in the warm sector. 62 in Atlanta, 66 in Peachtree City, 74 in Macon and 40.5 here. Pretty insane.

CummingWx link said:
Temps continue to soar in the warm sector. 62 in Atlanta, 66 in Peachtree City, 74 in Macon and 40.5 here. Pretty insane.

There is an 11 degree difference between Fulton County Brown Field and Hartsfield which are only about 10 miles apart.

SD link said:
Wedge is hanging tough
8d19126d0a601ab25dcf816a31f64831.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It always does, almost if not every time. Such a fascinating weather phenomenon to follow. If only precip had come in sooner though, it would have made things alot more fun and interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back