• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Sunday 12/18-Tues 12/20 ZR threat

SD

Administrator
Reaction score
This thread brought to you by Honda generators.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SD link said:
This thread brought to you by Honda generators.

Ths is a great thread, covers the Carolina threat , the Memphis area/ northern miss and even parts of Texas for our Texas friends. Lots areas at various times , should be fun to watch

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Think parts of Va and NW/N NC are the most favored with the wedge portion on late Monday into Tuesday. For the Sunday part central into maybe east TN looks most favored. It all depends on how quick the Arctic air mass can push as always

4252d8185b4eb87ebf61a371a6ff1a24.jpg

man the 18z gefs loves Memphis tennessee , Arkansas even northern LA and parts of northern mississippi

SD link said:
Think parts of Va and NW/N NC are the most favored with the wedge portion on late Monday into Tuesday. For the Sunday part central into maybe east TN looks most favored. It all depends on how quick the Arctic air mass can push as always

4252d8185b4eb87ebf61a371a6ff1a24.jpg

7fb8619b9c17d5b4c46a5e3b1787b991.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To tell you the truth... this one has my attention more so than the Saturday event. This one has the cold air coming in vs. cold air retreating. Still plenty of time to watch it but it has more potential. I could see this one going from rain to freezing rain to sleet. It will all come down to how much cold air can be pushed into the damming regions and of course timing. Plenty of QPF. Some one is going to get a decent event.

Gonna be tough to get a sleet sounding during this event. Didn't have much hope and certainly don't now for a brief snow sounding. Confidence for some sleet is very low as well at the moment. Love some white on the ground so with 6 days to go maybe a wrinkle or two will occur in the posotive direction for a change.

00z gfs is nice little even for central and western tennessee and Arkansas Sunday into Monday

Webberweather53 link said:
The surface high is a bit weaker this run over New England, but tbh it's hard to beat a 1046 high
could look better by 6z lol

757a31e8324f7725a0e1f7195f84f072.jpg

Sunday system actually trended worse as far as freezing rain on the Plateau here

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Looks like cold air chasing moisture for here. That usually doesn't turn out very good. Maybe a brief mixture before the precip ends

Storm5 link said:
00z cmc next Tuesday
761b16de88e958f260ada527c8b9094d.jpg

I can see that happening, for la, north ms, Ark, Tn.  :snowflake: :snowflake:

Storm5 link said:
00z cmc next Tuesday
761b16de88e958f260ada527c8b9094d.jpg

If I could trade with you I would. I love snow but don't get all the hype for ice storms. Other then a nice glaze they are a pain to deal with.

Edit: somehow I quoted the the wrong post which is the second time I've done this.

olhausen link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=54.msg1938#msg1938 date=1481691601]
00z cmc next Tuesday

If I could trade with you I would. I love snow but don't get all the hype for ice storms. Other then a nice glaze they are a pain to deal with.

Edit: somehow I quoted the the wrong post which is the second time I've done this.
[/quote]

No worries.  This forum software is a bit finicky.  I'll see if I can fix some of those issues soon.

Back