• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks marginal Risk out for NC when thunder roars go indoors quickly

This little coffee/bakery shop next to my office is gonna be the death of me
a09ac9bbbaf8a624c60c2145c5c13610.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You know it's rough when you have close to 10 separate storm cells within 5 miles of you over a 3 hour period and you do not even get the ground wet. That just happened in this area.

Back a few years ago when I still lived in South Carolina I had driven through Jonesville on the way up somewhere, can't exactly remember where for work, but what I did notice about the area surrounding Jonesville was it was the driest I've ever seen anywhere in the southeast ever. I was living in Lexington at the time and we hadn't had a lot of rain either, but there was not one green blade of grass, weed, or vegetation other than the tree leaves for about a ten mile radius, it was very strange. You have some truth to your complaints my friend.

I'm pretty decent on rain so far but I need to stop watching radars regardless I think. It's a little aggravating to watch storms rain themselves out that are near me.

So, I of course, stop watching the radar...

and I go outside to do my walk and get turned back about 5 minutes sooner than usual because I hear thunder from a storm that had developed. It brought me back close to the house, but of course, I'm likely still gonna miss on that rain.

Let's see if I'm doing this correctly and get blessed with a bit of rain.

Edit: My attempt failed. If it rains at all it'll be light.

Last edited:
Exactly what I do
It doesn’t look like reading is going to help this bullpoop, poopity poop! What a pooping poop hole! Just keep winning! I’m sure the .4 I got the other night, will hold up to this poop9221635E-E1EF-42A5-95CC-8521A9772F90.png

40% chance of storms in NC tonight. Man, has weather forecasting come a long way or wut?!

View attachment 21075
Yeah pretty poor coverage yesterday. I thought today might have a chance to bust in the other direction but my winds are already west so the lowering of moisture isn't far behind. Have to hope an outflow from the convection likely to blow up near the sc border can spark something as it moves through

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah pretty poor coverage yesterday. I thought today might have a chance to bust in the other direction but my winds are already west so the lowering of moisture isn't far behind. Have to hope an outflow from the convection likely to blow up near the sc border can spark something as it moves through

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah Hrrr not showing much here. Looks like wed is the next decent chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back