• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't much like it Lol. Basically the Dodgers are already in playoff prep mode (I hope), trying different rotation and especially getting May into a bullpen role... but the Braves look solid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well then I wouldn’t go with that lineup lol

Big series. They know they belong. You’re right about Ortega going yard but who’s to say Ronald’s no hustle play mid game doesn’t factor in somehow as well. If he hustles out a double the Braves could have posted a lopsided number in that inning. Also if Ronald robs bellinger’s 3 run shot in the first then we might be talking about a Max fried 7 inning shutout. I think it says a lot we can win a big series without Dansby as well. Hechavarria has been clutch early on. Lock down defense and can lay wood on the ball. I expect him to cool off drastically in the next week. Good series. We are every bit as good as LA. Bullpen looked really strong this weekend

There was one out on that HR, it wasn’t “quite” clear that it was going to stay or go to me at first, so you probably had the guy on third halfway, and Acuna fell to boot so a run was going to score anyway there. That play costed 2 runs and the 6th for Fried. I kinda think if he’s a bit taller he hangs on there but that would’ve been ridiculous and all over the media if he had hung on.

I was so aggravated by that 3rd inning. What could’ve been bases loaded nobody out ended up being nothing because of a ball called a strike and Ronald not running and then being antsy to get to 2nd base.

I’m still in a bit of a state of shock. The last thing that I’d have predicted happening on this Sunday over a month ago would’ve been Ortega hitting a GS with McCann, Joyce (a guy picked up at the end of ST), and Adeiny (signed on Friday) on base. It wasn’t Buehler or Kershaw, but from what little I know, Gonsolin and May are very good prospects that have nasty stuff, so it wasn’t like they were chopped liver. They were indeed being tried out for postseason roles, I think.

There was one out on that HR, it wasn’t “quite” clear that it was going to stay or go to me at first, so you probably had the guy on third halfway, and Acuna fell to boot so a run was going to score anyway there. That play costed 2 runs and the 6th for Fried. I kinda think if he’s a bit taller he hangs on there but that would’ve been ridiculous and all over the media if he had hung on.

I was so aggravated by that 3rd inning. What could’ve been bases loaded nobody out ended up being nothing because of a ball called a strike and Ronald not running and then being antsy to get to 2nd base.

I’m still in a bit of a state of shock. The last thing that I’d have predicted happening on this Sunday over a month ago would’ve been Ortega hitting a GS with McCann, Joyce (a guy picked up at the end of ST), and Adeiny (signed on Friday) on base. It wasn’t Buehler or Kershaw, but from what little I know, Gonsolin and May are very good prospects that have nasty stuff, so it wasn’t like they were chopped liver. They were indeed being tried out for postseason roles, I think.
Agree with most of your points. Also game 1 was a very winnable game until late. It looks to me like Braves/Dodgers is pretty close to a even money bet. If we play a 20 game series, the dodgers win 11

Big series. They know they belong. You’re right about Ortega going yard but who’s to say Ronald’s no hustle play mid game doesn’t factor in somehow as well. If he hustles out a double the Braves could have posted a lopsided number in that inning. Also if Ronald robs bellinger’s 3 run shot in the first then we might be talking about a Max fried 7 inning shutout. I think it says a lot we can win a big series without Dansby as well. Hechavarria has been clutch early on. Lock down defense and can lay wood on the ball. I expect him to cool off drastically in the next week. Good series. We are every bit as good as LA. Bullpen looked really strong this weekend
Both today's game and yesterday's were great. I was pleasantly surprised when they scored 4 against Ryu and the bullpen has been great as well. Ortega's slam today was a nice shot in the arm!

Also I'm sure most of all already knew this (finding out I'm slow Lol) but if you go to mobile.weather.gov you can convert the NWS to an app. Apparently it's easier with the Iphone but on my Android all I had to do was save it to the home screen (not actually an app I guess) but it's also pretty cool, much more phone friendly version.

I wanna see a CAT 5 plow deep into Georgia with major disaster to Atlanta and the mountains literally fall down

Someone paint a map. Winds 220 sustained. Hard due west into GA then steep north hook inland. Movement 20 mph then slowing to 5mph once near Americus. Stalls near Riverdale. Dissipates 5 days later deep in the north Georgia mountains. 91” storm total somewhere in north GA. 50” for Atalanta. Winds gusting over 80mph for the whole state.

Someone paint a map. Winds 220 sustained. Hard due west into GA then steep north hook inland. Movement 20 mph then slowing to 5mph once near Americus. Stalls near Riverdale. Dissipates 5 days later deep in the north Georgia mountains. 91” storm total somewhere in north GA. 50” for Atalanta. Winds gusting over 80mph for the whole state.

You hate Georgia I take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanna see a CAT 5 plow deep into Georgia with major disaster to Atlanta and the mountains literally fall down
How about no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back