• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh...epic
ef045178ce619f1236c5f5c078934a12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sigh...epic
ef045178ce619f1236c5f5c078934a12.jpg

Dude that's terrible. I can see the edge of the rain to my south right now. Just rumbling and rumbling. There are some sketchy looking clouds overhead right now.

It actually made it.

I can hear all the thunder out your way. The skies are really dark to the south. To the west, there are a few dark clouds. Behind and above those is the anvil from your storm. The sun is reflecting off of that, creating a cool yellowish tint to the evening.

I can hear all the thunder out your way. The skies are really dark to the south. To the west, there are a few dark clouds. Behind and above those is the anvil from your storm. The sun is reflecting off of that, creating a cool yellowish tint to the evening.
Should make it up your way. Latest hrrr has some insane 4+ amounts around here

Not suee what thread we are using to talk about the actual weather happening, so I will post this here, too.

Stuck at an outdoor concert at Walnut Creek in Raleigh and they stopped the show because of storms. Clouds look really ominous, and some sharp lightning in the distance.

Should make it up your way. Latest hrrr has some insane 4+ amounts around here

Radar looks like it's back-building instead of propagating up here. Maybe the Walnut Creek storm will send an outflow down here and kick stuff off. Right now, your storm has stalled on my doorstep and is back-building.

Radar looks like it's back-building instead of propagating up here. Maybe the Walnut Creek storm will send an outflow down here and kick stuff off. Right now, your storm has stalled on my doorstep and is back-building.
That outflow from the walnut creek storm is starting to race south. Hrrr has this stuff around until 5z maybe it just all merges into one big mass for us

This is the sky over my house rn. It is not purple...not sure why the image came out that way. Maybe I should have used Kodakolor instead of Fuji film?

Anyway, as you can see, there are no "storm" clouds indicative of a developing storm. It's mostly anvil. I'm out, I think.

20190815_202645.jpg

This is the sky over my house rn. It is not purple...not sure why the image came out that way. Maybe I should have used Kodakolor instead of Fuji film?

Anyway, as you can see, there are no "storm" clouds indicative of a developing storm. It's mostly anvil. I'm out, I think.

View attachment 21698
I wouldn't give up yet that's a monster outflow coming from rocky mount

Storm never really came over here at the concert, but skirted around us. But for some reason we are still in a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back