• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

How has it cooled ? CPI report will be HOt next month . Gas and oil up 15 percent last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry was just asking a question. I believe it has not cooled either. I agree with you about the cpi report. Gas prices have jumped, I did notice

How has it cooled ? CPI report will be HOt next month . Gas and oil up 15 percent last month

Oil still down 11% yoy though. I think we continue to see softer CPI next few months. Wages/jobs are I think going to be the problem. Jay wants balance and it hasn’t come yet.

EEBA4674-BFDC-483E-956B-B905EC5977EC.jpeg

$CRWD was my first retail buy of the year yesterday on the move through $108. Sold 60% here at $115.50. $125 seems likely in the next week or so.

I feel like I am late to the party but the plan was to sit out January and see where the market was. Not going to chase anything today.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 9.10.33 AM.png

mm's are very underweight tech and that is telling today. DIA is down almost 1% and tech up 2.5%. Tech is parabolic...crazy market

sc.pngsc-1.png

This is getting just slightly absurd... there was many positioned short tech to start the year thinking this was going to be a multi-year blood bath like 2000-2002 so shorts are unwinding now. And maybe this is just a short term rally but we shall see.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 10.46.34 AM.png

This is getting just slightly absurd... there was many positioned short tech to start the year thinking this was going to be a multi-year blood bath like 2000-2002 so shorts are unwinding now. And maybe this is just a short term rally but we shall see.

View attachment 132023
Companies are buying back probably from the money saved from layoffs. There's no external liquidity, markets are trying to go back to fundamentals. There was a rally before the fall in 2008 I believe.

Companies are buying back probably from the money saved from layoffs. There's no external liquidity, markets are trying to go back to fundamentals. There was a rally before the fall in 2008 I believe.

Problem is we saw the unemploy rate rate spike and you had big financial institutions failing in 2008. We have nothing like that.

Baba puts only thing saving me for the week . Up 1300 on those to balance losses . Down $50 for the week . Just added 7 414 SPY puts for next week . Still no pullback yet

Problem is we saw the unemploy rate rate spike and you had big financial institutions failing in 2008. We have nothing like that.
It's coming though. It's slower than 2008. Reason you are not seeing it in the weekly unemployment is because most of the layoffs in tech have severance packages so not many are claiming government benefits. JOLTS job openings for information actually got cut in half from the highs. I also remember it was Lehman Bro's that was the catalyst for the rapid decline in 2008 too. Your seeing companies cut costs and have more slim margins along with US consumer savings rate depressed still. Layoffs will not slow down.

Last month was the worst January for job cuts since the Great Recession in 2009, according to a report from employment firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas.

META up almost 30% on the day...look at that weekly candle

The Fed may kick themselves. 50bps hikes instead of 75bps over a longer period of time might have prolonged a market downturn which is clearly what they wanted.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 1.55.07 PM.png

This guy is a good follow…it’s obvious what’s going on in tech.

Back