• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Spring Severe Weather Thread 2017

West of the mountains and from AL westward maybe it is. In GA, NC, and SC, the big story of this spring will be the drought. Each and every system just dries up before coming east of the mountains.

17b895c31d8ce1b84afaf4a3fe319560.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GFS looks beautiful for supercells on Monday. Tornadoes will be a threat although on the lower side with the weaker and slowly veering low level winds. Large hail on the other hand will definitely will be the main show.

The GFS looks beautiful for supercells on Monday. Tornadoes will be a threat although on the lower side with the weaker and slowly veering low level winds. Large hail on the other hand will definitely will be the main show.
For what areas please?

I'm not terribly impressed by the next two storms. They will bring severe weather but not confident at all that they will be big producers. No doubt the better threat the farther west you go. For AL and GA, that pesky east coast high will be hard to break. Not to mention the very wonky wind fields in stacked systems.

I'm not terribly impressed by the next two storms. They will bring severe weather but not confident at all that they will be big producers. No doubt the better threat the farther west you go. For AL and GA, that pesky east coast high will be hard to break. Not to mention the very wonky wind fields in stacked systems.

I'll take what we can get . Had a nice storm this morning with close to an inch of rain

I could use some rain I think...we had a severe thunderstorm last week but that drainage area at the community center was bone dry, I guess there hasn't been too much rain (that line last night completely dissipated) other than that storm.

Man people are still sleeping at the Atlanta airport because of the severe storms on Wednesday night . I know they had a ground stop but damn .....it's Friday

Man people are still sleeping at the Atlanta airport because of the severe storms on Wednesday night . I know they had a ground stop but damn .....it's Friday

Maybe that's preferable over the business trips they were likely headed on

When's the next big severe event? Looks quiet through next week, atleast for the SE!?

Back