• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Wx Threat 5/26-5/28/2017

stormcentral

First Alert Wx
Reaction score
It appears a series or waves of storms may pose a threat for severe weather during the weekend memorial day holiday. First alert. This is a developing situation.

It appears a series or waves of storms may pose a threat for severe weather during the weekend memorial day holiday. First alert. This is a developing situation.
As I posted in the May thread, there will be tons of CAPE available on Saturday night and Sunday for this to become a long track storm, and maybe a derecho. Also there isn't a threat on the 26th that I can see, so the 27th - 28th seems best.

I just watched the weather channels coverage on this. They are calling for a potential major severe outbreak on the 27th from the afternoon into the overnight. Currently the SPC has an enhanced risk in that area but it will most likely be increased with coming updates.

Should be an interesting weekend setup is right for a couple mcs with wind damage.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm getting a kick out of the run to run model changes with this even the hrrr is struggling with location and timing this evening

I'm getting a kick out of the run to run model changes with this even the hrrr is struggling with location and timing this evening

Right now HRRR looks stout this evening through here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's driving our local mets nuts trying to figure out when and if these MCS will hit here.

Right now HRRR looks stout this evening through here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
certainly looks like the models want to bring something through after dark. Each run is a different orientation but it's still there. It's certainly going to be unstable if any disturbances or MCS move into the area the atmosphere is ripe for it to continue across the area. Our DCape values are fairly high so we have a legitimate wind damage threat. Also a weak backdoor front could make a run at your area enhancing your chances

Yeah, it's driving our local mets nuts trying to figure out when and if these MCS will hit here.
Hate it for them on a holiday weekend. If they call for it and people cancel plans everyone is angry. If they don't call for it and people get hit with storms while doing outdoor activities everyone is angry. Ah the life of a tv met

At Lake Gaston for the weekend and staying in a trailer. Hope the storms miss us. We're under a watch now, so hopefully the trend continues of me getting nothing or nothing but rain and a couple of rumbles of thunder when I'm under a watch.

FB_IMG_1495919356402.jpg

Sounds like we might be getting a storm soon. Just heard thunder.

Storms in Mo are really intense. Some velocities over 100mph

Hope they don't have another Joplin tornado to deal with.

Back