• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat for 6/20/19

Looks like I may even miss rain from this other than a light sprinkle. Southern portion of that line from Raleigh south really fell apart. What a shame.

Already had blue skies when I got home. Wonder if the storm threat is over here.

Might have to watch that cell in Randolph county to try to become tornadic as it interacts with the remnant outflow boundary

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The drive home from work across Vance, Warren and Halifax County's I saw a number of trees down, big limbs down everywhere and power lines down in at least 4 different locations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Might have already had one near Rocky Mount earlier. We'll see what NWS surveys show down the line
It's funny my wife's description of what she almost drove through and had to turn around initially she said it looked like a tornado with all the debris flying. She and I both dismissed that and I don't think that it was but it was some wicked weather none the less.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well, that was pretty quick. Had a severe thunderstorm warning and one did pull through, but it was maybe 20-30 minutes of the wind really whipping and 10-15 minutes of rain, with maybe 10 of heavy rain. Was wrong the other day, it was just .10", but this evening surely has to be more?

The thunder has been quite loud today though since I got home with thunderstorms nearby.

Never mind. Storm weakened on approach into the southern part of the county. Had a 20 mph gust and a brief heavy shower. Best part missed north again.

Never mind. Storm weakened on approach into the southern part of the county. Had a 20 mph gust and a brief heavy shower. Best part missed north again.
I'm in the bathroom hiding from this monster
a5ae5c0c548f303238f8adace43cf72a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just got a nice one here. Missed the hail core by a mile. Probably a good thing since it had VIL maxed out on radarscope.

Nice wind at onset probably 45mph. Some of the heaviest rain I’ve seen in a while. Roads are flooded here in flash flood country.

80D033E3-B9EB-499C-920B-FCEE85E873D7.png

This is a pano shot but the storm was that circular. It’s not a wide pano at all just the front yard.

Last edited:
Just got a nice one here. Missed the hail core by a mile. Probably a good thing since it had VIL maxed out on radarscope.

Nice wind at onset probably 45mph. Some of the heaviest rain I’ve seen in a while. Roads are flooded here in flash flood country.

View attachment 20546

This is a pano shot but the storm was that circular. It’s not a wide pano at all just the front yard.

Nice tint of green ✅

This line of severe storms is now about 75 miles to my NW. I hope it makes it here and I can watch some lightning strikes dance over the ocean tonight.5859D5DE-A6EF-46F0-AD76-E28C067592E8.png

Back