• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe weather potential May 2 - 4

Tornadocane

Reaction score
NWS Birmingham
Why no Tornado Watch north or southeast? Here's why...
1) North: The severe threat is diminishing, but flash flood threat continues.
2) SE: We'll monitor trends this evening & will add counties to the Watch if needed. #alwx

I"m hearing that too many people in need of help are trapped in their homes. Water Rescue is overwhelmed.

Zander98al

Reaction score
Spann is sounding the alarm on TV right now about the wake low situation
That's actually really bad. I couldn't think of a worse time than after this. Let's hope it doesn't happen. Because I have had so much rain and saturation that I have two large lakes that have formed in my back yard.

SENC

Reaction score
Just had a decent little microburst here with this unwarned cell, it was ramping up a little hail core right as it approached and then it must have collapsed right over me cause we easily had winds 50-70 mph, big branches down, literally ripped my neighbors mailbox from the ground and tossed it across the street etc....probably the best storm winds IMBY in several years outside of canes....

I could see the *storm* all the way from Surf City.. Quite the structure!

Shaggy

Reaction score
Apparently my neighborhood got rocked by a big downburst with people reporting lots of damage around. I missed it because I was at work
So surveying damage it isnt steady enough to call it a damage path. Lots of privacy fences destroyed. The closes being 3 doors over from me. Somebody claimed this picture was taken about 3 miles up the road and they said it was a tornado but I ain't sure. The pic is not conclusive.

Attachments