• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe weather potential May 2 - 4

Bullet dodged for sure for the downtown area. Anybody seen any damage pics from west of the city?

Bullet dodged for sure for the downtown area. Anybody seen any damage pics from west of the city?
I've been checking the traffic cameras and can't find anything. I'm at the office on Atlanta Road inside the perimeter so it was close. I haven't seen rain that heavy here in a long time.

HRRR has a ton of mini supercells firing from birmingham south. I'd hate to say but it may get a little nasty around 1oclock and so forth. ALSO. I can't tell for sure but is there some sort of boundary running along i59 from tuscaloosa to birmingham to gadsden?

Still ain't over yet. Real action is supposed to start in a few hours I think... Still feels muggy as heck of j central alabama with the sun trying to peak our

Yeah very muggy here in Columbus, Ga with lots of sun. Sitting at 70/80 right now. Winds whipping out of the SSW at 16mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anybody collaborate? Is there a boundary..? Maybe warm front of sorts.Screenshot_20210503-103851.png

Here and back home! Almost identical forecasts! B2FF52BF-40A0-47FD-8B5F-A95D0C92B269.pngE6741EC4-C621-406D-875B-C1F4B376440A.png

Good sign for the slight risk (or maybe even enhanced risk?) area expanding into DFW...

img.png

It is so muggy here just steam/fog everywhere and very low rapid moving clouds

Gotta be a boundary of sorts around the area I said earlier. HRRR has supercells exploding just south of that vicinity. The interstate is the focal point for the stronger updrafts

Along the interstate and between clanton will be the area to watch. Also low level instability is pretty good. @Arcc what do you think about the situation in central alabama?

SPC has 10% hatched tornado area for parts of N. Texas (DFW is *JUST* outside of it) and SE Oklahoma.

However, all of DFW is in the enhanced risk area now.

Back