• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it was time to get this thing started with Spring right around the corner.

Post severe weather thoughts below!
First. Thanks for starting this topic... since winter is pretty much shot... perfect timing with this ... significant severe wx threat for this Saturday across mid south lower ms valley ... spc has highlighted threat already in the 4 to 8 day range ... euro been bullish with bombing crossing central Missouri with string shear and instability

Last edited:
I'm seeing the highlighted area from SPC as well. Any other thoughts on this so far... I know it's still a little too far out.

Ok so let’s get started... sounding from the gfs on a late Saturday afternoon in northern central Mississippi, this already screams HSLC, there will be lots of cloud cover around, poor mid level lapses but dew points will be pretty elevated, this will probably allow for some skinny CAPE to develop, there is some decent LLvL shear and SRH, probably gonna be some low cloud bases, and there is some dry air trying to sneak in aloft which would allow for stronger downdrafts but it’s still a pretty moist column, interesting setup for sure, I wanna see what Short range models say, they typically bump up instability 1A8A0ED8-7843-45A6-AD82-A6EBA9DC77C9.jpeg

Anyone have any detailed thoughts on this potential event? How serious is this looking right now?

Anyone have any detailed thoughts on this potential event? How serious is this looking right now?
Going over data today ... the tornado ? threat has Increasd ... particular ark la Tex most midsouth areas ... into west ky even... 70ktjet over head with the midsouth just to the right side quadrant bolds trouble ... afternoon timing also ... get closer get into more detail... models hold sever through the week ... it should be the biggest weather maker news this week .... legit thus far ....much larger warm sector to work with being modeled today also ....

Welp. (Northern Mississippi) This is the NAM, anyways it has stronger LLvL shear and that’s a decent supercellular sounding right here, winds veering bring in WAA from the SW, pretty nasty hodo, 750-1000 jkg of sfc/MLcape is more than enough for supercells to develop, that little dry layer enhancing lapses and adding to stronger downdraft potential (DCAPE), still there is some limiting factors like a pretty skinny CAPE sounding and probably some early morning cloud cover lingering60ABF04B-D13E-4529-873E-D23F3D61F2BF.jpeg

Looking at that sounding again, you can actually see some backing just below 500 hPa

I was sound asleep, but I'm told we had a major thunderstorm roll through last night! 10 days to snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back