• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe threat February 24th

So sad.
Why are folks so hyped on severe, when all it leads to is loss?
:(
It seems obvious to me that people aren't hyped for death and loss of property in severe weather. If someone asked you, how could you like cold weather and snow when it also leads to deaths house fires and suffering for the homeless? What would your response be? Or should people just assume that you just love the beauty of nature and or appreciate the extremes of some weather?

It seems obvious to me that people aren't hyped for death and loss of property in severe weather. If someone asked you, how could you like cold weather and snow when it also leads to deaths house fires and suffering for the homeless? What would your response be? Or should people just assume that you just love the beauty of nature and or appreciate the extremes of some weather?
He never said people were hyped for death and loss of property. The whole cold kills too is honestly a bad comparison compared to having your house ripped from its foundation and not a damn thing you can do about it. I don’t think it’s wrong for people to like severe weather especially if their going to chase it in the plains where you can see it without trees and hills in the way. Me personally I use to like it due to curiosity when I first moved here 12 years ago. But after five years of close calls and actually seeing the aftermath up close and personal I wanted no part of it anymore. Anyways as I type this I’m under a tornado warning so time to get in my safe space. Yippee

tkey thing tonight was the lower level jet ramped up towards dark as most times it does... pretty wild night here in west tn say the least... another strong system next mid week with another round severe looking likely

Yeah I always wanted to go through a tornado and I got my wish in December of 2016 chasing a small EF1 or in Upstate SC. It came within half a mile of me and let's just say I did not enjoy it the way I always thought I would. Never again. I can't imagine being in my home with an EF4+ barreling towards me. You are truly helpless

He never said people were hyped for death and loss of property. The whole cold kills too is honestly a bad comparison compared to having your house ripped from its foundation and not a damn thing you can do about it. I don’t think it’s wrong for people to like severe weather especially if their going to chase it in the plains where you can see it without trees and hills in the way. Me personally I use to like it due to curiosity when I first moved here 12 years ago. But after five years of close calls and actually seeing the aftermath up close and personal I wanted no part of it anymore. Anyways as I type this I’m under a tornado warning so time to get in my safe space. Yippee
He said it leads to loss.... I assumed he meant loss of either life and or property... I think the cold and snow was a fine comparison but I respect your opinion. Be safe

B08DF470-6522-42FF-A0D3-F669827E49C8.png BB776E81-6ECF-4300-9AB4-AF0EC33ED2BF.png
Yeah I always wanted to go through a tornado and I got my wish in December of 2016 chasing a small EF1 or in Upstate SC. It came within half a mile of me and let's just say I did not enjoy it the way I always thought I would. Never again. I can't imagine being in my home with an EF4+ barreling towards me. You are truly helpless
It came through my backyard! Missed my house by 50 yards! Luckily, my house was fine, but neighborhood was trashed , 9 homes were condemned and had to be rebuilt from ground up!

View attachment 4214 View attachment 4215
It came through my backyard! Missed my house by 50 yards! Luckily, my house was fine, but neighborhood was trashed , 9 homes were condemned and had to be rebuilt from ground up!
Smdh. I was was on Lee Vaughn. I spend 2 hours cutting up 4 large trees with a chinsaw laying over the road. Also I don't know if you remember in 2009 there was a microburst and it blew directly over my house in FI. 100 mph straight line winds! Never again! The big old trees that use to line the streets in Fountain Inn didn't have a chance

You must live on West Georgia.
Yes. I usually miss all the real Severe stuff like baseball sized hail, that usually hits Taylor’s and Greer and such. And tornados seem to hit Lauren’s a lot ! I just happened to be at ground zero that day and was home at the time. Was a very traumatic experience! The roar, sounds of breaking trees and debris hitting the house, the glance out the window, the power flicker, then loss. Taking cover in bathroom, the abrupt silence after it passed, and the neighborhood damage.

Broyles day 2 ENH risk once again is heading towards bust city.
Things really cranked up around dark in West Tennessee. Several confirmed tornadoes. Several damage reports. Most everything was north of I40 closer to dynamics. Classic high shear low cape deal

I wouldn't call the SVR threat in general a a bust. & So far there have been damages in portions of E-AR, W TN, North MID TN and south KY. There are reports of numerous trees, powerlines down, power outages & and road closures. 2 dead in KY storm. But numerous injured TOR storm Clarksville

So sad.
Why are folks so hyped on severe, when all it leads to is loss?
:(
I guess it's because a lot of people are just fascinated by the power of nature, the same thing can be said about hurricane enthusiasts. Personally, I wouldn't mind a severe event if it wasn't all that bad, like only a small hail storm or some winds(50mph at the highest).

Back