• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat Dec 10-12 2021

Devastating and heartbreaking seeing the images and updates this morning. Thinking how a town may have to prep for nearly a 100 funerals over the coming days as we head to Christmas, really heartbreaking ? Praying for all involved.

Btw all of you that tracked this, stayed up all hours, sharing data, information, tweets, updates etc.... thank you. There's really not a better source of info, especially in real time, than right here ?

I dunno I mean I was convinced Tuscaloosa was an EF5 so I'm gonna say I'll believe it when I see it

If someone can show something EF5 worthy though please do. It's not gonna be a normal structure
That tornadic storm actually had the potential to be rated ef5 I read multiple studies it supposedly strengthened over wooded areas either right after Tuscaloosa or after getting out of Birmingham can't remember which. But they had a hard time telling the rating because there's not as many damage markers to judge strength by when it's in wooded areas

Just heard an interesting stat on the weather channel... It's been over 3k days since the US has had an EF5 tornado

EF5? I have not seen anything yet (granted, I've seen maybe 1% of the damage) that looked obvious EF5 damage. The damage in Mayfield is incredible, but the landscape has standing buildings all over the place, even directly in the path. Overturned cars are not unrecognizable scrap piles. Granulization of debris is not obvious. They may well find some of these indicators, and more, but it's not obvious in Mayfield at first light. But the surveys will take days/weeks to complete on this very long track storm and will be interesting to see what is uncovered. Historic storm, without a doubt. Just a reminder to never downplay a winter threat... ever.

That tornadic storm actually had the potential to be rated ef5 I read multiple studies it supposedly strengthened over wooded areas either right after Tuscaloosa or after getting out of Birmingham can't remember which. But they had a hard time telling the rating because there's not as many damage markers to judge strength by when it's in wooded areas

Yeah just like El Reno had 300 mph winds on radar but the damage was only EF3

Back