• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

SPC MCD:

Weak capping and strengthening deep ascent ahead of an approaching midlevel trough will allow convection to gradually increase in the vicinity of the confluence axis. This activity will mature as it moves off the confluence axis and into the destabilizing warm sector -- aided by an appreciable orthogonal component of deep flow relative to the confluence axis. Strong deep shear and the aforementioned midlevel lapse rates, encouraging enhanced storm-scale upward accelerations, will support discrete and semi-discrete cells capable of very large hail. Also, the isallobaric response to the deepening surface low to the north will maintain backed surface winds (pressure falls of 2-4 mb per 2 hours) across the open warm sector, resulting in long/curved hodographs in the low levels. Tornadoes are expected, and significant tornadoes will be possible -- especially as supercells mature within a corridor from central KY to central/northern AL later this afternoon into the evening. Damaging wind gusts are also expected.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I will say the live thread option has been great, I've just left my browser open all day and checked in periodically.
Yeah it's great after the disaster when we first started that now our server space is through the roof and can handle anything. But your right the live feed is amazing

how's the cape looking now? Still increasing?

Yep wow over 3,000 in west Alabama
c06bf5c9faad1a52d151fecbfdbfaff6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The serious stuff is just to the north of me, I have my local news on and the storms in the county north of me look like some serious business...

Does it look like more of N AL (West and East) could get more of a punch that originally thought?
IMO the day has gone spot on what we thought except for the people worrying about the wedge lol . Even there the warm front is on the move again

Back