• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat 2/6-8

Heard tornado hit New Orleans with widespread damage...Anybody else heard that???
Time sensitive - it looks nasty over there:
Screen_Shot_2017_02_07_at_1_34_17_PM.png

I find it strange that the SPC failed to get the severe weather area right. They area was originally further north for today to my knowledge, and the areas that were hit the hardest only were introduced to the threat this morning or last night. The midday update has the severe risk nonexistent where it was earlier.
9586d26d6484f90e99b8c2a26d2ca2d2.jpg

98e7b09febde918d9ed19009ce8bde02.jpg

day1otlk_2000.gif

I did see a few severe storms in south Georgia and TN earlier, but other than that, it all changed quickly. Goes to show even severe events can change just like that.

Do not know how to post animated gifs from Twitter - so if this doesn't work - Ryan Maue's Twitter is the source - in any event - not nice:

Oh man, Albany again. Definitely a circulation.

That's a hell of a line of storms rolling across south Ga and the panhandle this evening

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Folks in Tall are telling me it is wicked - no T'nado warnings but extremely bad wind at present - bad arc on radar

Not pretty

Screen_Shot_2017_02_07_at_7_40_05_PM.png

Severe Thunderstorm Watch
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 30
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
740 PM EST TUE FEB 7 2017

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 30 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 AM EST
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
FLORIDA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ALACHUA BAKER BRADFORD
COLUMBIA GILCHRIST HAMILTON
LEVY SUWANNEE UNION

Not pretty

Screen_Shot_2017_02_07_at_7_40_05_PM.png

Severe Thunderstorm Watch
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 30
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
740 PM EST TUE FEB 7 2017

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 30 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 AM EST
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
FLORIDA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ALACHUA BAKER BRADFORD
COLUMBIA GILCHRIST HAMILTON
LEVY SUWANNEE UNION
Everything ok down in Gainesville? That storm looked like a multi-bow serial derecho - uncharacteristic for this time of year.

Everything ok down in Gainesville? That storm looked like a multi-bow serial derecho - uncharacteristic for this time of year.
So far all looks ok - took a long walk early this AM - some limbs down, but other than that, nothing looks bad.
Thanks for asking!
Got court today so no weather to watch and no windows to watch it from LOL
Thanks again!
Phil

12z NAM is interesting. Probably too much of a VBV profile to get a tor threat going but its close. If nothing else I figure we will see a couple of bowing line segments racing across the state between midnight and about 5 am.

12z NAM is interesting. Probably too much of a VBV profile to get a tor threat going but its close. If nothing else I figure we will see a couple of bowing line segments racing across the state between midnight and about 5 am.
Looks like anything that holds together as it swings through the CAE area will be wind.

Back