• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc September Segue

Omg
9971c3bc3f5636b49ceea976dd3690a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, Phil, I'd rather have a cold ocean, and all the heat getting taken south, lol. But, the good news
is we've gotten 3 feet of nothing for a good many winters now. I haven't been able to sled on concrete since 05, and that's a long time between sleet storms.....so it would actually be normal..... thus it's primed for some shocking anomaly, lol. T
JB or Robert was on that warm ocean , cold continent, and vice versa a few years back, it didn't really work out well for winter lovers down south! :(

80 would be considered quite warm in October so hopefully thats as warm as it gets. The big key is the dewpoints though. If we have 80 degrees with a dp of 50 then thats not bad at all.
Not really, our avg high now is 79

Honestly, the Goofy long range continues to look okay to me temp wise. Not something to do back flips over but not crazy. The bad news is it's dryyyyyy.

However if the pattern stays southeast ridge it honestly might be wrong. Low-mid 80s are very much possible here with it being bright and sunny, but combine bright and sunny with dry and I think the temp runoff is probably off by 2-4 degrees and it might sadly correct that way...

80 would be considered quite warm in October so hopefully thats as warm as it gets. The big key is the dewpoints though. If we have 80 degrees with a dp of 50 then thats not bad at all.
GA is a big state. Whereabouts are you located? We see 80° quite frequently in north AL in October.

GA is a big state. Whereabouts are you located? We see 80° quite frequently in north AL in October.
I'm currently in the western part of the state. I didn't mean that it can't be 80 degrees in October. I was just saying that since avg highs in Oct are in the 70s, 80 would be considered very warm.

Last 90 I saw here was 8/22. It got close yesterday at 88 though. Forecast today is the same, so another close day. That's a good 12 degrees above normal going off averages on accuweather and wunderground of 76/55. Record today is 89. Wouldn't be surprised if we tied or broke it. Either way, it's hot.

I was hoping the cooler air would stick around but living in the south we all know it's always a battle come season change.... makes me wonder if we'll see the same battle come winter time with ice and snow in MS, TN, LA, TX while its 60s here and raining.

Back