• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc September Segue

I dunno...looks torchy at hour 384. Granted it's hour 384.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I just saw that... meteostar showing temps 85-90 across the region towards D14-15. Highly doubt that verifies but do believe we'll see a battle of summer/fall over the next few weeks before it eventually stays cooler. Seems to be the trend every year these days.

Yeah I just saw that... meteostar showing temps 85-90 across the region towards D14-15. Highly doubt that verifies but do believe we'll see a battle of summer/fall over the next few weeks before it eventually stays cooler. Seems to be the trend every year these days.
I just hope we don't have a repeat of last fall, where we had 90 degree temps almost all the way to November.

Although we're getting into October, hold your breath ... this too will change (hopefully) but hopefully not too soon to then change back in the heart of winter ... :oops:

4indices.png

00z GFS replaces the cool down with a blowtorch. Not looking good at all folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

might as well get used to this winter... not liking what i am seeing... to be honest
True, but way to early. Still long ways to go before we can actually figure out how winter will be, even then things can change.

might as well get used to this winter... not liking what i am seeing... to be honest
Even when everything lines up perfectly, there's an unexpected Alaskan cold pool or something not modeled, that takes our whole winter into the sh!tter! :(
Maybe that will happen this year, in a good way!

Fells delightful outside! Humid , 88 degrees! Just like fall!

It's really dry again. 5 1/2 inches didn't keep it very damp, lol. And looking at the Saharan Air Layer potential systems keep lining up. I do not want to have to get my rain in big gulps from hurricanes, accompanied by terrifying kill winds :) And I'm looking at 90 midweek. This fall isn't going anything like normal, lol. There is a whole lot of heat transfer going on, and I'm curious how all these storms one after the other, might affect our coming cold season. Cat fives have to move a ton of heat.

It's really dry again. 5 1/2 inches didn't keep it very damp, lol. And looking at the Saharan Air Layer potential systems keep lining up. I do not want to have to get my rain in big gulps from hurricanes, accompanied by terrifying kill winds :) And I'm looking at 90 midweek. This fall isn't going anything like normal, lol. There is a whole lot of heat transfer going on, and I'm curious how all these storms one after the other, might affect our coming cold season. Cat fives have to move a ton of heat.
Tony, I could be terribly wrong, but I can't find many, if any, winters that were nice after a season like this. I truly beg to be shown wrong ... 3' of nothing ...

Yeah, Phil, I'd rather have a cold ocean, and all the heat getting taken south, lol. But, the good news
is we've gotten 3 feet of nothing for a good many winters now. I haven't been able to sled on concrete since 05, and that's a long time between sleet storms.....so it would actually be normal..... thus it's primed for some shocking anomaly, lol. T

The gfs shows more hot temps in the long range. When will we finally put the 90s to rest for the year?

The gfs shows more hot temps in the long range. When will we finally put the 90s to rest for the year?
Hang tight - this isn't a 90 minute movie on Netflix.
It'll come - after Turkey Day with possibly a few teasers beforehand ...

Starting to have water problems in Raleigh bc of no rain.

Record highs today and tomorrow should help out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back