• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

SE US freezes/frosts April 2-4 with mega frost possibly down to Hogtown April 3rd!

47.1 F

Interesting update from KCHS that I’m guessing is related to the issue we’ve been wondering about, MOS being so much colder than the raw model output. Last night, much of the guidance ended up too cold. But tonight, they’re thinking it may not be:

AS OF 5 PM WE HAVE ESTABLISHED A NEW RECORD LOW MAXIMUM
TEMPERATURE FOR KCHS, AS THE HIGH THROUGH THAT TIME WAS ONLY 53
DEGREES.

REGARDING THE MINIMUM TEMPERATURES FOR TONIGHT/EARLY SATURDAY,
WE DO HAVE CONCERNS CONSIDERING HOW WELL THE NBM/NBH GUIDANCE
WAS LAST NIGHT. MUCH OF THE GUIDANCE LAST NIGHT WAS TOO COLD,
WHEREAS THE NBM/NBH PERFORMED MUCH BETTER. OTHER GUIDANCE IS
AGAIN COLDER THAN THE NBM/NBH GUIDANCE, LEAVING US WITH SOME
UNCERTAINTY ON HOW COLD IT ACTUALLY GETS. BUT GIVEN SUCH L;OW
DEW POINTS THAT ARE DOWN IN THE TEENS AND 20S, AND SEEING AS
HOW MUCH IS GROWING AT THIS TIME, WE HAVE NO PLANS TO CHANGE THE
ONGOING FREEZE WARNING.

WE DID RAISE SOME COASTAL LOCATIONS A BIT FOR MINIMUM
TEMPERATURES GIVEN A BREEZE CONTINUING THROUGH THE NIGHT.

This is bad, really bad, this is gonna be widespread and damaging, especially in SC View attachment 81170
Things will be fine. We always have apocalyptic, world ending late freezes every year, and we always come out ok. By May, nobody will even remember it.

Besides, we probably won't go as low as forecasted. RAH has Raleigh getting down to 25. Last night, the low was supposed to be 27. Did we even get to freezing? My weather station was 33 at 7:00 am this morning. Bet we don't go below 29-30 tonight.

Sanford has had calm winds for a while and has radiated down to 33 degrees . I bet temp maps are a colorful medley of pockets of freezing and 40s depending on UHI vs rural and windless vs light breeze .

Apparently there was no frost here today, but the car did start slowly when I headed out though.

May hit 28 tonight (39 right now). Will be interesting to hear about how cold the house gets, the heat hasn't been turned on, and I'm assuming it won't be. It was 63 this afternoon in the house.

Optimists prediction for tomorrow morning

RDU- 29
Sanford -26
Roxboro -26

Scariest Possible I think rn

RDU- 27
Sanford -23
Roxboro -23

Reactions: SD
Back