• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe S/E June Flooding 2019

BirdManDoomW

WilkesboroDude
Reaction score
Per 6z NAM and other guidance, a particularly dangerous situation is likely to develop for area likes Hickory, Statesville, Boone and Wilkesboro later today and lingering for a few days. Ongoing flooding will worsen with Emergencies possible in the short term. Moderate risks are already in place. I hope clouds, fog and upslope will limit what some of the models are suggesting for later today.

This thread wasn’t really needed as we got the jug June thread, but I guess I’ll say something, looks like later there will be more of a fetch of instability/axis of instability from the Atlantic, also looks like there will be some type of multicellular cluster arriving from the SW, You’ll also have storms developing along the left over cool pool/wedge front/left over baroclinic zone, that multicellular cluster from the SE and it’s outflow May spark even more convection, which will likely turn into a big ole mess with flooding, some storms may get strong as some soundings I’ve seen have some mid level drying and 700-800 jkg of DCAPE
And oh yeah, storms will be moving only around 4-8kts based off bunkers right, so there’s that...... 2ED43A40-B6E0-46AA-80EC-46DCE7D0E44F.jpegA3B0D587-66F9-4F1F-B8C9-4CE904E462C2.jpeg8D1B12C0-5267-4489-8B5A-359BEBBC7B91.jpeg6FD0DB6F-811E-4515-9516-D904FD43D597.png

So basically, birdmans weather term is gonna apply to the foothills/piedmont of NC including my area, lol

And Wake Forest area. Some Piedmont included. Big totals over 12” for some.

When all is said and done I think it will be a good thread to find. Records and historic flooding is a good possibility

Last edited:
killer upslope. Going to be some water rescues tonight and evacuations in the central foothills

No travel. Several counties under water. Roads are impossible. Western NC.

Hickory NC is a disaster. No in and out I don’t recommend chasing.

Evacuation centers opening apartments are flooded.

Well zebulon NC is a mess. Doesn’t help that hurricane Matthew took out the damn . This flooding is bad, I’m living on an island right now cut off from places west . My house is just a mile from the river and lies at the bottom of an old swamp plain. I’m far enough though that it’s waters shouldn’t be a worry.

This flooding is no joke, seeing pics with creeks/water getting close to the point where it could enter houses

If there was ever a need for a PDS Flash Flood Warning it would be for this.

Well good news if you are Statesville and south-east it’s largely missing so far. Northern NC mountains are going to see slides soon. Landscape will be changed in areas.

Back