• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Possible Snow & Ice Threat Nov 14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
All (most) of the EUROs snow and ice is after Wed next week hour 168. Does not look like the other model have that trailing wave.

All (most) of the EUROs snow and ice is after Wed next week hour 168. Does not look like the other model have that trailing wave.
Maybe for VA. For GA and SC I saw around the 13. From earlier :
us_model-en-087-0_modez_2018110800_135_508_215_m0-png.7270

I ran back to the Dec storm last year and had a look at what we were looking at. Looks like it was a similar setup, but this one is weaker and the main low is further NE. Also, we are a month behind and the temps are a bit warmer in addition to the angle being sharper. Other point is look at how that storm was. 7 days before the storm the thread was created and this one is 5, but the runs I saw had the same time difference. A lot will change between now and the 13th.
On the other hand...
This is a good practice run for the disappointment train so get the oil ready because this one isn't going to be anything like the December storm. I'm certain we won't have anything outside the mountains except a few flurries at best.
But then again I underplayed the December storm by a lot...
Oh well let's just sit back and enjoy the thread that we get to open early.

My own LIX NWS office disco mentioning the possibility of light sleet for the earlier event on Sunday morning, but no mention of any winter wx for the 11/13 system.

Too bad this isn’t late December early January . The 00z icon tries to cutoff energy over Texas similar to the euro and is gonna have a huge system late next week . Everyone enjoy the cool rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad this isn’t late December early January . The 00z icon tries to cutoff energy over Texas similar to the euro and is gonna have a huge system late next week . Everyone enjoy the cool rain

WOW! Looking at the icon in November. Somebody must be desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back