• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Possible Severe Weather April 22nd-23rd

I will say it does many people a disservice when local Mets downplay any severe threat. I understand the need/want for accuracy, but as has been aforementioned, people don't follow the SPC maps or outlooks, for the most part. They stick to their local stations. What a real pain in the arse this forecast is shaping up to be...

3km NAM says lol what‘s surface based cape. Warm sector gets pushed back into Florida near and just after peak heating.
View attachment 40170

We need several:

giphy.gif

GIFS and stickers for tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I favor them to be overkill just a little to get majority of public attention. Lot don't even care about weather until it interferes with what they are doing.

Checking out the short range HRRR it has the QCLS going through fast tommorow. Tommorow could either be a big boom or a bust. Im going to lean in the middle

We shall see. Sfc low is further north vs Sunday, but morning convection and rain or storms along the gom coast will definitely make for a more less threatening storm for sure.

With regards to Thursday, I think this has a little more legs to stand on as we'll have much stronger S and SW flow at the surface with stronger jetting vs the event a couple days ago.

It also appears we're going to have some steeper lapse rates to work with too.
Unfortunately, we're going to have to nowcast this event.

I think that LLJ is going to play a major influence, at least here in GA/Carolina's. I would not be surprised to see enhanced risk remain.

Correct. Looks like tomorrow's winds outside of storms are expected to be close to or strong enough to hoist a wind advisory locally (Charleston Tri County area).

Also noticed it looks like quite a strong mid level westerly jet in tandem which lends credence to potential of rapid airmass recovery as drying aloft occurs in tandem with the LLJ/southerly flow.

I just don't see the need for a level 3 threat here for tomorrow. Saturday looks like a different story.

Back