• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Poll - one forum for all weather talk, or keep the tropics forum separate?

I say no for a couple of reasons:

I like having the forum divided. Merging the tropics, or even everything, would make the site look cluttered and disorganized. It is like shoving all your school assignments into one binder lacking even dividers. When you want to find something you have to sift though everything just to find it.

It makes the site feel cleaner to me. Yes, it's not as active here during the hurricane season, but keeping a divide allows for topics to stay in one place. No other forum I know of has a full merger of tropics and standard systems or monthly discussions, so why do it here and make a confusing format for newcomers?

Really I just feel that the forum would be weird having the two major parts of the forum merged. That would mean we would have to merge almost every forum into the main one with the logic of "There isn't enough activity in these parts". The main has the most, the tropics the second, and everything else is the third most active.

Seems silly.. There should be even more forum divisions to help organize specific topics. Does it affect site management or something?

We might can work out a compromise eventually.. where we can at least pin the tropical talk (important) threads into the main section.

Back