• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Over/Under

You will see...weather gamblin thread inbound
What’s the haps on the craps, shake em up shake em up shake em, 7-11, 7-11...

Much like sports gambling this thread will be dedicated to the over/under for weather events at official reporting stations or for the region as a whole. I will pick an event and set an over/under you can choose to take the over or the under, after the event is over those that get the bet correct will get a point with 0 points given if you are incorrect. I will keep up with the scoring and we will have champions either by month or season. I will set the location and line at least 48 hrs in advance of an event and betting will close day of.

Any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions?

Some examples would be over/under 1.755 of rainfall at RDU from Wednesday through Friday.

Over under 81.5 max wind gust from hurricane example

Over under 4.255 total snowfall from upcoming winter storm

Just a few that I'm thinking of for this weekend

ETA landfall wind speed 41mph
Low at HSV Saturday 41.5
High at RDU Saturday 57.5
ETA: over
HSV: over
RDU: over

Reactions: SD
@SD how about you set 3 O/Us for every weekend and 3 O/Us for Monday-Thursday wx. Then, if we’re going to have significant weather, set 3 O/Us for said event

Window for Eta closes at 5pm

HSV and RDU close at 5pm Friday

I will add 1 new line for the weekend since Eta is potentially landfalling so soon.

Next weeks Monday-Thursday lines will be posted by tomorrow afternoon

Back