• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ordered a new Davis VP2+

DaculaWeather

NorthGeorgiaWX.com and DaculaWeather.com
Reaction score
I figured it was about time for a new weather station. I've had my Davis Vue for 8 years now and it's worked flawlessly, but I figured my time was running out so I went ahead and bit the bullet. I've replaced the battery once (needs to be replaced now for the 2nd time) and that's it.

Once I get the new one installed, I'll send the Vue back to Davis for a refurbish and use it as a portable weather station.

Received the station yesterday but I only had time to get it out of the box. If you've never seen a VP2+ in person, it is BIG, much larger than my Vue. Here's a shot (minus some parts) of it sitting on the kitchen counter. The new models have a brand new rain collector that is suppose to work better in windy conditions. I'll get it going with the anemometer attached to the ISS and after everything is working ok, I'll order the wireless anemometer kit and mount and move it to the roof.

upload image online

Back