• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Oscitance

Today was a true fall feel kind of day for around here. Temps actually stayed below 70 with a brisk northwest breeze and a lot of sun. Should get down to the upper 40s tonight.
As an aside I see everyone from the upper parts of the south (geographic and elevation) reporting their first freezes the last few days, which gets me excited. Getting them down here on the Gulf Coast usually is a sign winter is almost here. Those freezes also take care of the nasty skeeters, at least if the cold sticks around for more than a couple of days ....

Your average high is 70 !

reminds me of a couple weeks ago when Dallas only managed 49 and the average high was 80 lol was so ridiculous even Chicago TV weather was talking about it

this October feels so different... yes we're having an above normal spell into the 80s(for the first time in weeks) the next few days but we still had 90s to come last year...

Setting up for a toasty Halloween!:(
Always fun to sweat while trick or treating! High of 76 forecasted for here

It's hard to believe that on Tuesday, Nashville is going to be 80 degrees. I thought we were done with air conditioners. :(

it was 83 in Dallas today but honestly didn't feel that bad to me... I went out to my car at 4pm at work like usual and barely even ran the A/C unlike when I was blasting it full a few weeks ago

Also much cooler now than before thanks to being dark earlier...

37.1 this morning. Flurries in the NC mountains yesterday! Winter is near
39.7 this AM just north of you near the heat island of Greenville

I love being so close to the NC state line/mountains...lived in Seneca (on Lake Keowee) years ago...would drive to Highlands, NC (4100 foot elevation, 45 min drive north of Seneca) several times a year...one January day drove up...temp in the 50's, beautiful sunny day in Seneca...after climbing 3500 feet, 32 degrees and winter wonderland in Highlands...first time my oldest daughter witnessed snow...

I’m all in for above normal temps for another 5-6 weeks in order to set up the cold. 5-10 below normal in November does little good. But by about Dec 7 or so, we’d be in the hunt. Give me 6 weeks of solid below normal temps and above normal precip from Dec 16 to Jan 30 and I’m happy.
TW

adding to our already record wet October here... pouring rain in the 50s after 4 days of sunny and 70s and 80s

Back