• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe OBS/ Damage Severe Threat 1/20-1/22, 2017

gawxnative

Reaction score
Thought I would start this.
There are multiple reports of significant to severe damage in Hattiesburg area with injuries .

damage reports coming in across alabama and western georgia now, mostly tree and power line reports

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One of the Walmart around here looks like it suffered roof damage.

There might have been a tornado down in Screven County. That storm is now in Allendale County (SC) and there's a tornado warning there.

I saw some lightning but not much else other than really heavy rain.

Another tornado warning for Barnwell County.

Edit: This potentially rotating storm is heading toward Orangeburg I think.

Yeah a nice little circulation went through Blackville SC before the warning hit. Hopefully it was okay. Didn't see a debris signature.

Lots of damage across central Alabama this morning. mainly tree and power lines

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tree came down on my neighbor's house in Elmore County, just off Rifle Range. Power was out from 1pm until about 1am this morning. Glad that is over.

One thing that this weekend produced for much of the SE US was widespread very heavy rains. My area, for example, got a whopping 6.5" of rain!! No lawn watering til further notice! Actually, I haven't watered since before TS Hermine.

Back