• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Nov 30-Dec 1 Flurries/Snow Showers

EPS for Miami. Pretty decent all things considered tbh. After the last three months of endless rain I could really use some 60's and sunshine

IJjy8Oj.png

I feel 90% confident of saying light snow event for mountains and 80% confident for the first wind snow event east of the mountains (Asheville, Hickory, Statesville, Yadkinville, Mount Airy). For wave 1.

I am just amazed that the flurries keep getting further into Georgia but refuse to cross the SC line. Just doesn’t make any sense.
Downsloping! Has the same affect here in the upstate as it does in parts of georgia...orientation of the storm and where we sit on this side of the mountains. Happens alot during summertime storms as well. Keeps alot of severe crap off of us but can also keep snow showers off of us.

So what would the setup have to be for us to get a decent snow in the upstate? I know someone said the cold has to already be in place but it seems like even when that happens the low brings warm air which usually causes rain right at the I-85 line.
The mountains have gotten taller since you were younger.
Downsloping! Has the same affect here in the upstate as it does in parts of georgia...orientation of the storm and where we sit on this side of the mountains. Happens alot during summertime storms as well. Keeps alot of severe crap off of us but can also keep snow showers off of us.

Back