• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe New Years Severe Weather Event

Wanna say something. The new years threat may be a multi pronged event. Two big severe events back to back two surface lows are going to swing through. First may be open but the second has a pretty potent cold front and closed low . And a fairly substantial flooding threat along north Alabama and Tennessee. Actually a very substantial threat coming up.

This setup keeps getting more worrisome. As it gets closer. Very good shear a large warm sector, plenty of forcing. Good EML. Bowling ball ejecting and negatively tilted. All the makings for a significant event for the south. The cherry on top has been both global models putting out a sub 1000 mb low in the vicinity of the Memphis area. This is almost better than our average spring setup. Gee wiz. ?

This setup keeps getting more worrisome. As it gets closer. Very good shear a large warm sector, plenty of forcing. Good EML. Bowling ball ejecting and negatively tilted. All the makings for a significant event for the south. The cherry on top has been both global models putting out a sub 1000 mb low in the vicinity of the Memphis area. This is almost better than our average spring setup. Gee wiz. ?

As we saw with the last 2 outbreaks, the pattern is certainly conducive for another anomalous severe weather event.

A quick look at the 18z GFS looks like a really messy setup. Probably a far south AL/MS event.

Dude that 12z euro run is nutz. 992 mb in south Missouri as well ?Screenshot_20211228-122255-363.png

YeaLol I'd wait for a few more model runs before I start believing in this solution though. Cause it wasn't even 24 hours ago. When the surface low was being shown not even making it into northern Alabama lol. The warm sector is huge thou
Lol I'd wait for a few more model runs before I start believing in this solution though. Cause it wasn't even 24 hours ago. When the surface low was being shown not even making it into northern Alabama lol. The warm sector is huge though.
Yeah but it’s got ensemble support there … red flag be honest

Lol I'd wait for a few more model runs before I start believing in this solution though. Cause it wasn't even 24 hours ago. When the surface low was being shown not even making it into northern Alabama lol. The warm sector is huge though.
Instead of a two wave look it has keyed on the first wave. From a quick look, it’s way more dangerous than the negative trough from yesterday’s GFS.

Back