• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May-hem

Impressive (though the wind is a bit much!) --

Screen_Shot_2017-05-24_at_12.55.31_PM.png

Well per the NWS morning update you are south of the wedge front so you shouldn't be chilly ;) Details below give you a sense of just why this is such a complex scenario

Three noteworthy features can be seen on the latest surface
analysis: a roughly west-east wedge/CAD frontal zone across the
northern Piedmont, a warm front lifting into southeastern NC, and a
cold front to our west through the W Ohio Valley and lower Miss
Valley. The latest high-res models take the wedge front northward
gradually this morning, with expectations that the warm/maritime
tropical front will rapidly retreat and potentially merge with the
wedge front across the central/western piedmont this afternoon. And
finally, the west-to-east passage of the cold/occluded front
(featuring a triple point low tracking near or just NW of the Triad)
very late evening through the overnight hours.
It's always a complex scenario around here now when it comes to any type of severe weather and winter storms.

Is the AN temp streak gonna come to an end this month?

Based on projections I've seen, the best chance for the AN streak to end is in W AL, MS, and W TN. Most of the posters here, especially E GA, SC, and NC, should end up in the 0 to +2 area thus continuing the streak of AN even though this will end up as a near normal month. But with still a week to go, there's room for enough error to cool things enough to get some barely BN.

Aside: nice steady rains here with rumbles of thunder. Nothing severe so far. Congrats to Phil on his heavy rains.

Based on projections I've seen, the best chance for the AN streak to end is in W AL, MS, and W TN. Most of the posters here, especially E GA, SC, and NC, should end up in the 0 to +2 area thus continuing the streak of AN even though this will end up as a near normal month. But with still a week to go, there's room for enough error to cool things enough to get some barely BN.
:cool::D:p - Great point, Larry!

You think the wedge will scour out as forecast or will it possibly hinder development? Looks to be hanging tough up this way....
Honestly it always seems in this scenario the cooler air wins so I would guess that's what happens again. Then again we are in need of an extreme amount of cape

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

RAH said the storms should be in central NC between 3 and 8.

Back