• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

I have seen less rain so far today than at this same time yesterday. It has been cloudy all day with some drizzle at times. I bet it will keep the storms away today. I had a couple good ones roll through last night. But today was supposed to be wetter than yesterday.
you could see this one coming a mile away

A whopping .40 for a total so far. My .5 call is looking better and better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rain is definitely hit and miss... I've gotten about .75" since Tuesday...while my family in Douglas County is closing in on 5.5" and most of that fell Wednesday Morning. Insane stuff.
I'm at .12" for the week with a lot more on all sides of me.

Was just thinking that. Yesterday we got missed 20-30 miles to our west, today the heavy stuff is missing 20-30 miles to our east. Feels like a snowstorm now.

Last edited:

Well, guess it will be dry enough to mow the lawn this weekend. Going from the models showing 3 to 4 inches of rain, to 1 to 2 yesterday, and getting less than an inch. I just think it is awful how bad a bust the forecasts with this have been.

It's taken nearly a year and a half to reach this milestone but this almost exclusively mountain event marks the 700th snow map I've created.
December 19-21 1910 NC Snowmap.png

Packfan would not have liked to have lived thru a winter like this. Driving north from Randleman to Greensboro & central Guilford county you go from a dusting to 9" on the season. I-85 was the literal dividing line between haves and have nots in 1909-10
Winter of 1909-10 NC Snowmap.png

I don't remember all of these storms being forecast in Alabama and Tennessee a few days ago, some areas over there have really been hit with a lot of rain.

Well, guess it will be dry enough to mow the lawn this weekend. Going from the models showing 3 to 4 inches of rain, to 1 to 2 yesterday, and getting less than an inch. I just think it is awful how bad a bust the forecasts with this have been.
The thing about this set up is you have a moisture laden airmass which is great but you still need heating or lift to kick off storms. Today we simply got screwed. Disturbance passed just before peak heating and we were left with a stratus filled stable airmass. The next disturbance is trying to kick off some rain around the area but with a lack of instability its meh. I fear tomorrow will be a similar outcome just from looking at the models. A plus about tomorrow is our flow is directed from south of the Bahamas directly to our backyards.

Just poured out another 3/4's, so that's 3 1/4 in three days, and it's pouring with thunder right now. If Larry's abacus is right, then I'll be in the 60's all summer, if it keeps this up, lol. I was dry as a bone last week with dust clouds. Now I'm inches deep in water after every shower. Loving every minute of it. I'm on high ground, and do not have to be anywhere....come on clouds give me all you've got! Even if Goofy can't keep the cutoffs from one run to the next, the moisture is beating back the death ridge, and now it's got a tropical system right over me out in lala land...good pattern..keep it up! T

I'm in the doughnut hole group unfortunately. Sitting at .37 for month of May. Have caught some nice outflow winds, so wx is A+ outside, refreshing.

Back