• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

Dang, I love a good cut off. They can be so powerful. TD Alberto changed the whole rest of the summer after dropping 17 inches in a few days. If Larry's abacus says there might be a correlation between rain in these early months and a cooler summer, this could work out well. I poured 2 1/2 out today, and some of that was a downpour for 15 minutes the other day. Pile it up now, and bask in spring breezes the rest of the summer, lol. Come on cut off..just wander around in circles and rain yourself out. If you want to put 15 inches on me, I can take it :) Then bring on the tropical system in goofyland. I bet 20 inches in May would make for a very happy in August!

I don't like the looks of this
ab61f6dd8ac1b32f85df5ba1a3fc1367.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

As much as I like to be negative about rain today through Saturday look like great chances and I doubt anyone gets shut out. Tomorrow might be our best chance for an area wide big total day as the weak low near the FL panhandle comes north. That said I'm sticking with my .5 or less for this event and will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I picked up 1.03 today, double your expectations in a few hours..... these storms seem to overperform imby for some reason. 2" for the month.... I don't want anymore, I'll be the guy that ends up with 4 this week

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There is one fairly small area in upstate SC that keeps missing most of the rain and I'm in the middle of it. Would not be shocked if we do not get another drop here from this event.

There is one fairly small area in upstate SC that keeps missing most of the rain and I'm in the middle of it. Would not be shocked if we do not get another drop here from this event.
I think you just guaranteed yourself some rain ;). I think we're at about 3/4" to an inch here so far.

Weren't the models showing like 3 to 4 around here through Monday?
Yep. Still believe our time to really score is tomorrow Friday and maybe Saturday. We actually get forcing over us instead of the central and western Piedmont. Early next week looks like it could be soggy too if the front stalls

The only bugaboo about tomorrow is the stuff off of the Ga coast. Too early and it's a cloudy cooler day with light rain. We need that to arrive sometime after noon

Yep. Still believe our time to really score is tomorrow Friday and maybe Saturday. We actually get forcing over us instead of the central and western Piedmont. Early next week looks like it could be soggy too if the front stalls

The only bugaboo about tomorrow is the stuff off of the Ga coast. Too early and it's a cloudy cooler day with light rain. We need that to arrive sometime after noon

I just think it is going to be a bust. The showers I get are quick. I don't see how we get a couple of inches out of that. It is already going to be a bust based on what the models showed earlier.

:weenie:

I just think it is going to be a bust. The showers I get are quick. I don't see how we get a couple of inches out of that. It is already going to be a bust based on what the models showed earlier.
Idk man. There are a couple well defined circulations to our south that will play a significant role tomorrow. Like I said earlier I'm concerned about them getting here too early and limiting instability but the 0z runs have storms kicking off as early as 15z with the first disturbance near SAV now then later in the evening with the one near TLH currently. We continue the stream of vorticity on Friday into the first half of Saturday so someone will pile up a lot of rain over the next 72 hours

Brick,
If I knew how, I'd be more than delighted to send this your way ... :oops:

View attachment 5224

I was in JAX late this afternoon for a short trip and witnessed these very strong thunderstorms, fortunately from inside, when they came through from SW to NE for a couple of hours. Thank goodness I didn't have to drive through these very strong storms. However, the trip back to SAV still was wet practically the entire way.

I will say NE AL, southeast TN and N GA have all got some pretty strong storms over these past few days. Some dropped 1-3" in a very short time. 2 days in a row. I would imagine flash flood guidance is low. Even severe warnings for a couple of the storm cells. Continues friday saturday sunday etc Looks like the current pattern continues for the next 6-12 days. Love spring time storms. About time :)

Looks like today is going to be on the “dryer” side for my backyard. Hi res models only show precip making as far west as CAE through the day

Idk man. There are a couple well defined circulations to our south that will play a significant role tomorrow. Like I said earlier I'm concerned about them getting here too early and limiting instability but the 0z runs have storms kicking off as early as 15z with the first disturbance near SAV now then later in the evening with the one near TLH currently. We continue the stream of vorticity on Friday into the first half of Saturday so someone will pile up a lot of rain over the next 72 hours

3k NAM not impressed for our area that's for sure, but as I mentioned I've done much better than y'all and I'd be ok with this..... hopefully you score this time

nam3km_apcpn_seus_20.png

Got 2.7" in about 90 minutes starting at 8:30 last night in North Raleigh near Leesville HS. Only received around 0.07 over the past 2 days.

Rain is definitely hit and miss... I've gotten about .75" since Tuesday...while my family in Douglas County is closing in on 5.5" and most of that fell Wednesday Morning. Insane stuff.

Same here, and I'm greatful for it, but south Cobb over to Douglas county got hammered yesterday morning.

I have seen less rain so far today than at this same time yesterday. It has been cloudy all day with some drizzle at times. I bet it will keep the storms away today. I had a couple good ones roll through last night. But today was supposed to be wetter than yesterday.

Back