• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

Well past 5 runs of GFS keeps trending less rain. I’m not complaining a wet Monday will be plenty! But even it has trended northern NC. C64CAC8B-9C1B-44A4-91D6-816A17236F0C.jpeg

Massive increase on this EPS run. I would definitely lean towards the wetter members if anything given how the synoptic pattern has been evolving.
Watch the trends not the swings in extremes. I think the tropical development will aid in better rain rates Monday but after that we will be on the western side of a cyclone where air tends to sink (dry out and warm). Hope that helps.

Of course the rain chances are falling apart. At this point keep the damn UL far enough away so we stay warm

Of course the rain chances are falling apart. At this point keep the damn UL far enough away so we stay warm

6z EPS has about 24 members with 1" QPF through day 6. I'm just hoping for good soaking (0.5"qpf). The ULL getting trapped SW of us has gone kaput it seems.

ecmwf-ensemble-KRDU-indiv_qpf-9522400.pngecmwf-ensemble-KRDU-ens_box-9522400.png

Wet pattern and model foolery has the tropical system to blame. It’s very hard if not impossible to see wet daily thunderstorms on the west side of a coastal cyclone. Air sinks.

Watching the rain totals with each run...
giphy.gif

Well as soon as I said Euro backed off the trapped ULL...

Euro.gif

I'm just thankful that that intense heat (mid 90s in many cases) that was showing up on early week runs for next week are gone like magic. Now barely to 90 on hottest days. Loving this May! No longer just May be? Thanks again @pcbjr for the May inspiration!
Maybe this will be the summer of upper level lows to keep heat under control much of the time? One can always hope.

Last edited:
I'm just thankful that that intense heat (mid 90s in many cases) that was showing up on early week runs for next week are gone like magic. Now barely to 90 on hottest days. Loving this May! No longer just May be? Thanks again @pcbjr for the May inspiration!
Maybe this will be the summer of upper level lows to keep heat under control much of the time? One can always hope.
Beats the heck out of what were about to get in to a year ago this time ... 100º plus for days on end ... remember?
?

So hello 40s in almost june and dumping cold rain over NC while entire rest of nation is warm ?

Yep, nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina! ?
Ahhh yes record cold while everyone else is pleasant and warm. It sure does. Besides you live in South Carolina its hardly ever much below average there and according to that map you will be comfortably warm

Thunderstorms Monday still looks like they could pack a punch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back