• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations May 22 - 31 Soaker + Alberto Event Observations

I’m issuing a flash mist warning. Hazards include having a windshield wiper setting that is either a bit too slow, allowing vision impairment from the accumulation of water on the windshield or a bit too fast, generating that annoying squeaky sound of a wiper blade moving across glass that is slightly too dry.
Bands are falling apart as they rotate towards me! Kind of like a coastal snow band rotating into RAH!:D

Sad news for Greenville ,SC. This was an on air reporter for our local NBC affiliate! They were covering the flooding from last week and Alberto’s affect on the Polk county N.C. area!

31EA1262-2B5C-48D1-9A93-FAE72D87B606.png

Sad news for Greenville ,SC. This was an on air reporter for our local NBC affiliate! They were covering the flooding from last week and Alberto’s affect on the Polk county N.C. area!

View attachment 5335
Horrible, prayers for the family.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest from RAH.

The threat of widespread flash flooding has diminished, but localized rain amounts of up to two inches will remain possible overnight in the Watch area. The Watch was cancelled over the western half of central NC for tonight. A new Watch may be needed for Tue into Tue night.

Latest from RAH.

The threat of widespread flash flooding has diminished, but localized rain amounts of up to two inches will remain possible overnight in the Watch area. The Watch was cancelled over the western half of central NC for tonight. A new Watch may be needed for Tue into Tue night.
Surprised they didn't cancel the watch altogether, no where near flood threat

.72 yesterday .27 today .99 total so far

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Congrats man! It literally rained all day yesterday ended up with .29 which was fine, then an hour shower this morning and added another .7, I was at .99 when I left the house still a little rain falling so I'm assuming I've reached an inch now.

I'm not knocking the NWS, these systems are difficult to forecast, especially pockets of heavy rain well removed from the center..... but it's funny, yesterday Rah decides to add my county to the Flash Flood Watch and I picked up .29, they cancel the watch. Now no watch and my county goes under a flood advisory for heavy rain.... Lol.

I'm not knocking the NWS, these systems are difficult to forecast, especially pockets of heavy rain well removed from the center..... but it's funny, yesterday Rah decides to add my county to the Flash Flood Watch and I picked up .29, they cancel the watch. Now no watch and my county goes under a flood advisory for heavy rain.... Lol.
About to get a good one at home. Not sure why the flood watch was dropped. There were hints on the models as early as yesterday afternoon we could see pockets of excessive rain through tonight

About to get a good one at home. Not sure why the flood watch was dropped. There were hints on the models as early as yesterday afternoon we could see pockets of excessive rain through tonight

Looks like more on the way especially for you and the southern half of the state at least, breaks in the clouds and immediately heavy showers popping up. Could see some localized issues today with PWAT still around 2.2

Looks like more on the way especially for you and the southern half of the state at least, breaks in the clouds and immediately heavy showers popping up. Could see some localized issues today with PWAT still around 2.2
Yeah this convective stuff is much different than the nice steady rain from yesterday and can really put down some huge totals quickly

Speaking of just got hit again at home. Would guess at least 1.25 so far today

Last edited:
Literally, the whole solid NW side of the storm missed me with one county above me. Talk about mad

Back