• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 25-27th possible severe weather

Cloud cover forecasts show the clouds going away after the mcs goes through and the sun comes out so itll probably feel like a jungle out there with humidity.

just constant hail reports today, a lot of these reports have been accumulating pea sized hail, somebody tommorow may get accumulating hail of that magnitude and call it a winter, lol
Lol if that's the only white I see it'll maybe bring... oh wait, it's spring. It'll be cool to see a lot of pea sized hail on the ground accumulated if it happens.

H A I L
anyways for areas in nc/sc reason why CAPE diminishes is becuase of DP mixing, which is a CAPE killer, areas farther south will have better lift/moisture/instability but hrrr tries to get some activity off the lee side off the mountains for nc/sc, if this day had more wind energy it would definitely be more concerning
4635F40F-4884-4DA2-B961-6660DDD001A8.png

Tommorow is gonna be a interesting day based off the 3KM NAM , for MS/AL/ central-southern GA soundings are more supportive of hail/gusty winds with steep mid level lapse rates, better instability and higher sfc moisture along with dry air entrainment aloft, in northern GA/SC/NC we got weird soundings, thunderstorms with higher bases due to higher LFC(s)/LCL(s) and in a enviroment with larger inverted Vs, very skinny CAPE, it’s actually what you would expect with drier microbursts altho the DP/sfc temp depression is not that big, still 19-20 degrees is decent which is probably why the NAM tries to show that outflow boundary, possibly a damaging wind threat if temps heat up and cloud cover stays away
B64715EE-5D65-417D-98D9-F36A6710624A.gif90BAADE5-BEE3-4C8F-B092-92BBB6C23BA5.png
7681D53C-DB6B-4B8B-B46F-B138F918C5E0.png

SIM radar looks pretty crazy around here even , this afternoon!? Local mets saying rain showers and a rumble of thunder possibly! I know it’s worse to my west over GA / AL , but interested in watching this afternoon! Havnt had a good T storm since January!?

HRRR has a few pockets of high SRH helicity around the cell at birmingham i wonder if one of these cells will spin up. Spc has a 2% risk for a tornado. But always expect a few suprises, especially with last severe weather event that hit south alabama. May have some large hail in it as well.
Screenshot_20190325-105928_Samsung Internet.jpg20190325_105951.jpg

Storms should start firing up in the next few hours. Gonna be interesting to see how things unfold this afternoon.
Lapse rate forecasts are pretty decent for storm development, and all this sunshine is adding to the fuel.

NWS of birmingham about to launch a weather balloon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190325-135220_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190325-135220_Samsung Internet.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 22
Can we not. Note that this shifts from far E TN about 30 miles NE of Chattanooga to north of Athens, GA before the threat diminishes.
hailprob_t6_f15.png

Back