• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

The suddenly more active 12z suite is exactly why you don't call severe setups a bust before they happen.
Idk tho everyone on here seemed to be hinting at it. I know you mentioned the wedge and all keeping it southeast .However, if I’m not mistaken this was all modeled . Looks like Fayetteville is breaking out now . By noon time I think everyone from Raleigh east and south will be breaking through it or already broken. It really doesn’t take much to destabilize the atmosphere , Wilmington area looking toasty rn.

The suddenly more active 12z suite is exactly why you don't call severe setups a bust before they happen.

Just stepped out and am seeing pretty rapid cloud motions from south to north and we went from 52/52 to 59/57 quick with clouds. If we can get 2 hours of sun then we could destabalize just enough.

Idk tho everyone on here seemed to be hinting at it. I know you mentioned the wedge and all keeping it southeast .However, if I’m not mistaken this was all modeled . Looks like Fayetteville is breaking out now . By noon time I think everyone from Raleigh east and south will be breaking through it or already broken. It really doesn’t take much to destabilize the atmosphere , Wilmington area looking toasty rn.

Not me lol. Sure there could be a lower threat than advertised but that doesn't necessarily equate to big bust like @snowlover91 was saying earlier. Prematurely jumping the gun and saying it's a bust when nothing has happened yet is definitely something you shouldn't do when it comes to severe weather, it's just too fickle.

Stronger CAD making this possible as you mentioned yesterday ?

Yeah the shear has ticked upwards on the models which is the result of the stronger initial CAD. Sharp warm fronts & CAD boundaries aren't always the best for generating tornadoes because it limits the amount of time a storm can spend in an environment w/ high horizontal baroclinicty & SRH. Today's boundary looks a lot more gentle which is not a good thing in that regard

These soundings are back to looking scary, even around here, that stuff near ATL has my attention 2C64476C-CA17-4DF6-9324-B72670DCD258.png5FC538BC-9AB6-4AB5-B426-0F518E5CFC66.png

lol well that’s something, honestly wasn’t expecting this sort of stuff this far west but here we go lol 4BE8A52E-D8EE-4430-B9E7-DB20275C4A22.png1CAEBEDD-3D41-453C-A501-8C14793158AF.png

So when is it supposed to storm? Looking at the HRRR it doesn't storm here till the evening, is that correct? Or are we looking at more like 3-4 pm ?

Back