• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Center of circulation is coming across state line, right over union county looks like , east of Charlotte. Pinwheeling alot of heavy rain across western piedmont into foothills and mtns. Lot of lift going on and its wringing every drop possible out. Wind gust at 10:15 where in the 30s across state line

metwannabe

I say, I say boy pay attention...
Staff member
Supporter
Saw this on Twitter, flooding in Boone
Center of circulation is coming across state line, right over union countu looks like , east of Charlotte. Ponwheeling alot of heavy rain across western piedmont into foothills and mtns. Lot of lift going on and its wringing every drop possible out. Wind gust at 10:15 where in the 30s across state line

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Saw this on Twitter, flooding in Boone

They are on Fall break today and tommorow thankfully. Just hope the leaves dont get stripped. They are late and will turn quick this upcoming week now that fall weather will finally arrive. Bet the Boone mall is a swiming pool,always is during FF.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
NHC said in their discussion that there have been numerous reports of 40-50kt gust in central and eastern SC, not doubting them at all but anybody on here feel those or had any issues?

NHC said in their discussion that there have been numerous reports of 40-50kt gust in central and eastern SC, not doubting them at all but anybody on here feel those or had any issues?
That sounds about right. I checked through a lot of SC stations and most recorded peak gusts 45-55mph range. Here's a link to check the stations, just change it to SC and hit refresh map, then click on the station you want and it shows the peak gust.
https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/mesomap.cgi?state=NC&rawsflag=3

Quite a few stations in southern NC gusting near or just above TS force. Shelby NC now gusting to 37mph and is a key one to watch along with areas near Charlotte.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Statesville, NC gusting near TS force now. Everything is lining up quite well with the 3km and HRRR so far. Next few hours are key. Saw a report of 52mph gust in Zirconia, NC as well just south of the Hendersonville area.

Should see a pressure drop of a few mb, signifying its transitioning to EX tropical. Right?

I can see the trees moving back n forth now pretty good last half hour up by the airport. But nothing out of ordinary. And its been pouring the rain. Thinking center circulation has to get off to our east then the wind event advertised on models will come sweeping in.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Guess that depends on what we consider massive, according to the outage maps and reports nearly 250,000 without power across those two states.
So how is everyone’s power holding up I haven’t seen any real massive outages in Georgia or SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having problems trying to load the gif from TT here on mobile, but it's looking like that trailing band is already intensifying (right word?). This is gonna get ugly, I've already seen gusts over 20mph here, and the sustained has definitely picked up as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk