• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Delta

Is there any signs of a possible EWRC occurring? Levi kinda hinted at the possibility in his most recent video.

NHC didn't note any outer eyewalls as the last recon left but I'm betting on the very small 5nm eye collapsed.
First initial pass of new recon NW and SE quads show only 90 to 95kt flight level winds...and a 962mb plot (from TT)

Wow. But I guess that is what can happen when we get a hurricane the size of a thunderstorm haha

Yeah much more likely to have extreme swings as we saw the other way already

Oddly the NW quad seems to be the strongest that still supports at least 95-100

Gamma basically dealt Delta a blow by giving it stale water ... ?
I don’t think so gammas life was in the souther gulf region .. Delta is sitting in the best part of the whole Atlantic basin in regards to warm waters and potential for rapid intensification ... shear and mid level dry air factors are at play for deltas delay in ... boom moment (even though it has boomed I consider the boom moment once that eye clears out and starts putting on a show)

I don’t think so gammas life was in the souther gulf region .. Delta is sitting in the best part of the whole Atlantic basin in regards to warm waters and potential for rapid intensification ... shear and mid level dry air factors are at play for deltas delay in ... boom moment (even though it has boomed I consider the boom moment once that eye clears out and starts putting on a show)
I also believe overnight will fix those issues and she should have that boom moment at last ... if not before the Yucatán 100% once she settles in the gulf

Down to 130

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM CDT...0300 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...19.5N 85.1W
ABOUT 135 MI...220 KM ESE OF COZUMEL MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 16 MPH...26 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...960 MB...28.35 INCHES

Surveillance
data from the NOAA G-IV aircraft suggest that Delta's circulation
does not extend as markedly into the upper troposphere as one would
expect for a major hurricane.

030028_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Watching Delta go from potentially a CAT 5 super hurricane to this is disappointing tbh. Don't wish harm on anyone in it's path but I was hoping to see it's full, explosive potential. Now I'm not that interested at all anymore smh. Maybe it'll restrengthen, but still. The original thrill is gone. Hope someone can relate haha

Back