• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Lawn And Garden

POWERSTROKE

Snow and Ice Contractor
2024 Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a thread for comments about lawns, landscape, gardening etc. I am sure many have put out fertilizer. Check us out sharpedgelawncare.com or FB sharp edge lawn care & management LLC.

Warm season lawns will start transitioning out of dormient phase here in a month!. It's already started for me I did a lawn seeding job back in January of all months, now the first lawn mowing job of the season is in the works!. My service area is Snellville, Lawrenceville, Loganville, Grayson and Dacula, Georgia for contact info and other information visit my website http://stratuslawncare.weebly.com/

We are having calls wanting to know when we will start mowing. Not good for commercial contracts as we lose money. Never have we mowed this early.

Been trying to establish fescue in my backyard. Matthew washed away a lot of my seed this year so I had to come back in with rye. Pleased with the result but know it's going to get nuked in may

a758fb4970a23d04fadd695997432006.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Been trying to establish fescue in my backyard. Matthew washed away a lot of my seed this year so I had to come back in with rye. Pleased with the result but know it's going to get nuked in may

a758fb4970a23d04fadd695997432006.jpg

Always use perennial rye. If used annual plug and seed heavy now. Use 18-24-12 fertilizer and also lime

Always use perennial rye. If used annual plug and seed heavy now. Use 18-24-12 fertilizer and also lime
There is no way to know what kind, or how much, fertilizer or lime to use without testing the soil. Also, lime takes months to work through the soil, so that needs to take place as soon as you test pH and realize you are acidic....well before fertilizer and seed.

There is no way to know what kind, or how much, fertilizer or lime to use without testing the soil. Also, lime takes months to work through the soil, so that needs to take place as soon as you test pH and realize you are acidic....well before fertilizer and seed.
You do not need a soil test to determine fertilizer. You can use one for lime if you need to. However you generally can tell when you need lime by looking at moss in the lawn as well as thin grass. Generally in the Piedmont of NC you can lime every year and you will be fine.

You do not need a soil test to determine fertilizer. You can use one for lime if you need to. However you generally can tell when you need lime by looking at moss in the lawn as well as thin grass. Generally in the Piedmont of NC you can lime every year and you will be fine.
I believe there just wanting the to know there soil PH that's the reason for the test!!.

Yep I generally follow the NC STATE turf files for my fertilization schedule.

Yep I generally follow the NC STATE turf files for my fertilization schedule.

I just keep my mower on lowest setting and keep everything nice and low, weeds and all! Ain't nobody got time to be out there with scissors and a ruler and wasting water and putting out harsh chemicals that just wash into waterways! Embrace your weedlawn! Shout out rain_cold!

Back