• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

Some decent downpours starting to develop south of the CLT metro. Hope they hold together. No lightning detected as of now, though.

Pouring... Radar looks benign. I promise these cells are over performing.

Oh yeah caught this mini supercellular mesocyclone earlier to, here’s a pic far away from it2730B5F9-A2FB-4796-B8F1-18C5FDC35409.jpeg
This is what my cousin got (I didn’t even ask to see what it was) looks like a whole meso on the ground, lol, it’s very blurry since it’s a grab from a video
3A58CDEC-A4FE-4110-AF11-700C32DDE17D.png

Hrrr/nam bring through quite a nasty line of storms later, really surprised there ain’t a marginal, could see large hail given -10 to -11C 500mb temps and damaging downbursts with the cyclonic flow aloft, trough axis allowing some sort of organization, add 2000-3000 jkg of SBCAPE 18B156CD-033F-4D41-AE00-FC040389E847.pngB6EA577D-5624-42B5-B67A-9D5B163CE4CF.png19F31CFD-EE66-4E09-9ED7-BF638BDDAE1B.png

Hrrr/nam bring through quite a nasty line of storms later, really surprised there ain’t a marginal, could see large hail given -10 to -11C 500mb temps and damaging downbursts with the cyclonic flow aloft, trough axis allowing some sort of organization, add 2000-3000 jkg of SBCAPE
Just came to post the same things. Wouldn't be surprised to see an axis of really high rain totals somewhere as well. Sea breeze/outflow from coastal plain convection may back west and collide with the eastward moving outflow from storms forming in Western nc. Should be a pretty active day overall

Not too often is it hotter in Caribou Maine than it is in The Carolinas... 96 degrees!
Good Grief. I don't ever remember it being in the mid to upper 90s in Northern Maine and they are not even under a heat advisory ! I would think the criteria for a heat advisory up there would be very low.

Storm aleady? Why not
Had one at 5:15 this morning. Big flash of lightning, and i thought someone was shining lights in my windows. Then another round about 6:00 am. For a total of .70" as of 7:30am.

Reactions: SD
Good Grief. I don't ever remember it being in the mid to upper 90s in Northern Maine and they are not even under a heat advisory ! I would think the criteria for a heat advisory up there would be very low.

These anomalous ridges way up north that are the norm now are going to be trouble when hurricane season gets cranking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back