• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Presented by: Heat and Humidity

When you can walk outside nearly 3 miles during the evening of June 16th down here and somehow have a still dry undershirt at the end, you have to wonder if you’ve gone to heaven. Today had ~70 F with dewpoint of 60 and a decent (10-15) NW breeze. The 850 mb temp is a mere +11C. Yesterday evening’s 850 was at an almost as nice +12C. What more can one want in mid June than what these last two evenings have provided? I’m expecting one more walk friendly evening tomorrow though I don’t expect it to be quite as nice as these last two fantastic evenings. It is nice to give the treadmill a vacation. This is somewhat similar to how nice 6/15/19 was in the SE by the way.

Day 3 of unusually comfortable walking conditions continue down here. The dewpoint is still down near 60 (it probably will rise to ~62 by walking time but that's still quite nice for 6/17) and evening temps will once again be in the low 70s. 850 rise of only 1 C to a still cool for mid-June +12C. Main difference vs last 2 evenings: lighter breeze. I expect this to be the last day of this set of unusually comfortable days.

Last edited:
I know it’s the garbage model known as the hrrr, but it shows some solid storms around CLT/GSO tomorrow, given the cold air aloft associated with the upper level low (500mb temps around -10 to -11C, and solid 500mb flow, wouldn’t shock me if we see storms with lots of small hail tomorrow and lots of CTG lightning, but destabilization is a big question and I don’t buy the hrrrs solution that much C2F21916-1A70-4547-B00D-8B581492F318.pngC3C63F74-AD12-43BE-BD4D-C2F0D3496B48.png40B227BE-F6DD-43D4-9DAF-249F0949330A.jpeg

how does bangor Maine hit 95 degrees this friday before most of us? hell its rare to get that anytime of the year in parts of the foothillls/mtns if not impossible

I know it’s the garbage model known as the hrrr, but it shows some solid storms around CLT/GSO tomorrow, given the cold air aloft associated with the upper level low (500mb temps around -10 to -11C, and solid 500mb flow, wouldn’t shock me if we see storms with lots of small hail tomorrow and lots of CTG lightning, but destabilization is a big question and I don’t buy the hrrrs solution that much View attachment 42999View attachment 43000View attachment 43001

That storm in Cabarrus better be moving due south... ?

Our 80% chance for tomorrow is cut in half now and I expect it to go to 20% or less by morning.

Back