• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

June Bugs (1 Viewer)

whamby

politicians discussing climate change
Bye Bye June... I guess you could have been worse. The excessive heat threats kinda damped out in the end. Gfs overstating things all atmospheric yet again. The all american gfs all bluff and charge, but euro fighter more technical and savvy picking apart your silly bluster and foolhardy speculation.

dsaur

Supporter
dsaur's station sure seems like an anomaly.. is it your own weather station at home? Columbus, Macon, Lagrange, all around his area those stations have reported numerous 90 or better temps.. so it's not weird to doubt the backyard obs....
Yeah, this is just my yard. The UGa. Ag Experiment station is a little over 2 1/2 miles away, and they had 6 90's and a good bit less rain, and as I said they are in a maybe 30 acre field, where I'm in a forest, oak, and some pines though I've cut down most pines around the remotes. The remotes are all with in about an acre, and all under trees. Sure it's just a back yard with non pro stations, but the readings have been consistent over 4 remotes on two different base stations, never more that a 2 degree difference over the course of a day. The readings I've been giving are all from one remote, but at least one other has followed in lock step, varying only by a few tenths, where one of the others might vary a degree. Given that I had two 89 degree days, you could argue that I might have hit ninety, but I chose the remote that was leaning higher, rather than lower to go with. I think my near 14 inches of rain over 45 days compared to the Experiment stations near 8 inches is what is making the difference, along with my trees vs an open field environment. But only 6 90 degree days is still lower than reports from cities all around, and that's an automated professional weather station over there, so I'm at least in the ball park using my Lacross stations. And I surmise the Exp station's 8 inches is more rain than some of the cities that have had more 90's.

dsaur

Supporter
By the way, 13” of rain in any month would be a top ten rainy month at KATL going back to 1879! Surely, that along with the moles has a lot to do with your lack of 90s.
Larry, I'm talking since May15, or 45 days. And everybody knows it doesn't count unless it's at the airport, so it's just a curiosity, nothing more, lol, but I'm living it, and I can tell you 80's in June is always better...you can feel it, lol. It's only 77.9 and 77.5 on the two remotes feeding the base where I am at the moment. I'll take that for a July day, any time.

pcbjr

Supporter
Yeah, this is just my yard. The UGa. Ag Experiment station is a little over 2 1/2 miles away, and they had 6 90's and a good bit less rain, and as I said they are in a maybe 30 acre field, where I'm in a forest, oak, and some pines though I've cut down most pines around the remotes. The remotes are all with in about an acre, and all under trees. Sure it's just a back yard with non pro stations, but the readings have been consistent over 4 remotes on two different base stations, never more that a 2 degree difference over the course of a day. The readings I've been giving are all from one remote, but at least one other has followed in lock step, varying only by a few tenths, where one of the others might vary a degree. Given that I had two 89 degree days, you could argue that I might have hit ninety, but I chose the remote that was leaning higher, rather than lower to go with. I think my near 14 inches of rain over 45 days compared to the Experiment stations near 8 inches is what is making the difference, along with my trees vs an open field environment. But only 6 90 degree days is still lower than reports from cities all around, and that's an automated professional weather station over there, so I'm at least in the ball park using my Lacross stations. And I surmise the Exp station's 8 inches is more rain than some of the cities that have had more 90's.
Tony,
Don't knock or question it ... you're living a real life sunshine daydream ... :p

GaWx

Supporter
Larry, I'm talking since May15, or 45 days. And everybody knows it doesn't count unless it's at the airport, so it's just a curiosity, nothing more, lol, but I'm living it, and I can tell you 80's in June is always better...you can feel it, lol. It's only 77.9 and 77.5 on the two remotes feeding the base where I am at the moment. I'll take that for a July day, any time.
Tony,
13” over 45 days is still a rarity/impressive as you know. I just saw Peachtree City’s records since 5/15 and they’ve had 10.4”, which isn’t too far off your 13”. But their hottest to date is 94 and they had a whopping 21 days in June of 90-94.

dsaur

Supporter
Tony,
13” over 45 days is still a rarity/impressive as you know. I just saw Peachtree City’s records since 5/15 and they’ve had 10.4”, which isn’t too far off your 13”. But their hottest to date is 94 and they had a whopping 21 days in June of 90-94.
Yeah, it's amazing how much difference can take place over a short distance. All depends on where the train track sets up. I have not missed too many big rain dumpers in my yard. And a lot of years I missed them all, especially in winter since 2000 I've missed nearly all the sn/ip dumpers. Still, if this cool summer is my pay back, I'll take it in my old age. 79 at 1pm on July 2nd? Who wouldn't take that, lol? 6 ninety days at the Exp station compared to 21 90s 15 miles away. Apparently the rain corridor is running right thu here. Thought that can't be the only factor if Ptree City has nearly as much rain, and a lot more 90 days.

Meanwhile, to add to my store of lore, lol, I am now a witcher. I couldn't find my leaking water line no matter how many holes I dug, so I made some dowsing rods and went to dowsing. Came right down on the pipe, 4 feet off where where I was digging. Now that's way, way, way cool!! I'm going to dowse for gold next. I know the woodland tribes must have buried all their gold around here some where. The Spanish were sure they had some :)

pcbjr

Supporter
Lol, or a real life moon beam :) Thanks, man!
Hey, Tony!
I meant it in quite a different way than "moonbeam" ... Sugar Magnolia>Sunshine ... jammin' time you're having is all; really sorry if it came across any other way or if you took it any other way ... :cool:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)