• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June 2022

At least you don't have any 100's in the forecast.

True although I tend to think of 100 as a more mental thing. It's the humidity always. We had a heat index over 110 the other day with temps in the 90s and it was about as nasty as I've ever felt. The humidity lowered a couple days ago and you could tell a clear difference

There's just something about this summer I'm dreading more than usual. I'm not sure what it is I mean heck I grew up in Alabama lived in Dallas but something this year just feels different. I think it's just the fact we're already in a late July August pattern on June 17th... Even TV mets here have been talking about 2011 which was the worst summer ever here with 42 days over 100 starting in late June (Dallas had 70...) And they are like hoping it doesn't repeat... That should tell you a lot there. There was a couple nights in early August that year we barely got below 90 here!!

Last edited:
True although I tend to think of 100 as a more mental thing. It's the humidity always. We had a heat index over 110 the other day with temps in the 90s and it was about as nasty as I've ever felt. The humidity lowered a couple days ago and you could tell a clear difference

There's just something about this summer I'm dreading more than usual. I'm not sure what it is I mean heck I grew up in Alabama lived in Dallas but something this year just feels different. I think it's just the fact we're already in a late July August pattern on June 17th... Even TV mets here have been talking about 2011 which was the worst summer ever here with 42 days over 100 starting in late June (Dallas had 70...) And they are like hoping it doesn't repeat... That should tell you a lot there. There was a couple nights in early August that year we barely got below 90 here!!
Farmers in Kansas have lost a lot of cattle to heat stress.

Last edited:
Satellite and radar trends suggest the MCS will dive SSE towards Nashville.

That said, it's pretty far removed from the westerlies, so still questionable it will remain organized.

Back