• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

Yeah looks like I may be on the western fringes of that slug of moisture, downeast getting hammered.
I know the radar presentation is going to change as we go through the day, but the NWS needs to change the Flood Watch to a Dry Slot Watch for The middle zones!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Weather Bug app has a 50% or greater chance of rain in my foreacast until next Thursday.

Latest here from WRAL weather.

We haven't seen widespread heavy rain so far today. Skies are beginning to clear in spots though and where skies clear we'll have a better chance of storms developing. Some of those storms may produce some heavy rain.

So, we can't get widespread heavy rains like the models showed this week, and now we need clear skies to get a chance for heavy rain.

Atleast after a slight dry spell over the weekend, it’s looking like the big wet part duh, is happening next week! And will be with a gulf influx, so that should produce better for my area and GA peeps!

It seems quite possible to me that we might not get a drop of rain today.
I would agree with this and maybe it's just me but sure seems the models have backed down on those insane amounts. Not complaining like I said I've picked up 1.5 and some much more but a good number have received much less.....as of now anyway a far cry from what the models were showing.

I would agree with this and maybe it's just me but sure seems the models have backed down on those insane amounts. Not complaining like I said I've picked up 1.5 and some much more but a good number have received much less.....as of now anyway a far cry from what the models were showing.
Yeah, they dropped off bigly from what they were showing a couple of days ago for their totals for yesterday and today.

Yeah, they dropped off bigly from what they were showing a couple of days ago for their totals for yesterday and today.

A win for Brick!:weenie:

Don't encourage him!

I am just going by what I have seen from living in NC for all of my 43 years. You just don't get widespread rain events here like the models were showing for the whole state in summer. Unless we get a tropical storm or hurricane in the summer, our rain comes from storms that are very scattered or isolated in nature. Maybe you get a good storm and get heavy rain. But 90% of the state could get nothing.

Atleast after a slight dry spell over the weekend, it’s looking like the big wet part duh, is happening next week! And will be with a gulf influx, so that should produce better for my area and GA peeps!
I thought we were supposed to have a Gulf influx this week.

I am just going by what I have seen from living in NC for all of my 43 years. You just don't get widespread rain events here like the models were showing for the whole state in summer. Unless we get a tropical storm or hurricane in the summer, our rain comes from storms that are very scattered or isolated in nature. Maybe you get a good storm and get heavy rain. But 90% of the state could get nothing.
I will have to agree with you on this, again I'm not complaining, but I've seen my fair share of FFW with 80-90% rain chances over the years fail miserably.... don't buy it unless a tropical system is moving in. Then again I also understand the reason the NWS has to issue the Watch, flooding has been an issue, while isolated no one knows exactly it will occur so you have to make everyone aware.

Back