• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

July Fries (2 Viewers)

I was wrong, I actually got just .65", I need to stop guessing.

What isn't a guess and is good however is averaging low 90s for July. That's not below average but it's seemed like we've usually been around the mid 90s for July normally so while that's not below average, that's nice that we haven't truly baked.

GaWx

Supporter
I'm now up to an incredible 13.25-15.5" for the month and there still may be more over the next 3 days!! This is near the wettest of the last 20+ years with perhaps only June of 1999 and October of 2016 (Matthew) being wetter.
It is the gift that keeps on giving. I got another 1/2" yesterday, which brings me to ~13.75-16" range for July 1-29!

Edit: This month here is reminiscent of what @pcbjr experienced in both June and July of last year in Hogtown.

Last edited:

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Approaching an inch at the homestead this afternoon per radar estimates, can't rely on my Acurite 5 in 1 weather station as the rain sensor is not working apparently. The other day it was the temp sensor.... POS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wow GSP has busted bigtime. Not a single cell anywhere in their county warning area.
Not really. Today was 0 chance of rain. Tonight 70% and tomorrow and Wednesday, 90%! We right on track! Although overnight tstorms are like unicorns, and can be quite elusive!

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Approaching an inch at the homestead this afternoon per radar estimates, can't rely on my Acurite 5 in 1 weather station as the rain sensor is not working apparently. The other day it was the temp sensor.... POS

Don't feel bad my davis stopped reporting rain yesterday says .75 from yesterday's storm and 0 today.
Looks like the storm yesterday made it unlevel some how whew
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Don't feel bad my davis stopped reporting rain yesterday says .75 from yesterday's storm and 0 today.
Looks like the storm yesterday made it unlevel some how whew
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah least you had a massive storm to blame it on my just had Heavy Rain not a whole lot of wind it just stopped. I've read the forums and AcuRite is getting bashed right now with one issue after another.

Finally got a good storm Monday around 3:00 in the morning. Thunder shook the whole house. Had a large limb fall off in the backyard. Had some heavy rain yesterday morning, but that's been it so far as the rain goes.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
1.04 so far today and more knocking on the door.... 3 days in a row with storms that produced an inch or more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)