• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

And I am saying if it is going to be scattered and isolated storms, then there is no way the state gets widespread 3 to 6 inches of rain like the models have shown.
I'll bet a good portion of the area will have picked up 3-6" when it's all said and done.

I'll bet a good portion of the area will have picked up 3-6" when it's all said and done.

giphy.gif

The disturbance to the S of Wilmington right now means business. Im not sure if that gets far enough west to really get brick, cr, and myself. Along and east of 95 really looks to get pounded tonight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The disturbance to the S of Wilmington right now means business. Im not sure if that gets far enough west to really get brick, cr, and myself. Along and east of 95 really looks to get pounded tonight

It looks like it might, just barely...if it stays together.

Another slug of dud, dying outside of Columbia, as it heads towards me! The big “dud” underperforming today, not a drop!

It looks like it might, just barely...if it stays together.
I think this first area is probably going to die out a bit but the trailing stuff along 40 should make it. It looks like these storms might be on the front edge of a moisture surge with pwats increasing from the east. Hrrr and rap have pwats near 2.25 by midnight so I would expect new development in SE NC moving this way during the overnight.

I think this first area is probably going to die out. We will be waiting on new development to the south in a couple of hours. HRRR and RAP have pwats near 2.25 here by midnight. I keep thinking I want to see more on radar but i went to bed last night with a nearly empty radar and things turned out well

Yeah, these disturbances are going to rotate through over the course of the night. We should see some additional development later on.

Another .62 overnight so 1.58 total thus far..... SD still winning but today may be my day
I know the radar presentation is going to change as we go through the day, but the NWS needs to change the Flood Watch to a Dry Slot Watch for The middle zones!

Like I thought, very isolated with the big rain amounts so far.

Meanwhile, here is video of the Myrtle Beach waterspout that came on shore yesterday. I can't believe how the people are just oblivious to what is going on. I would have been looking at it, too, but at some point you have to know when to get out of the way. It looks like people didn't even realize it was there.

Back