• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

We shall see...lol. I'm sure I'll pick up some good rains this week but interesting trend for me this summer. Very wet may with over 6" then little over 4" in June and now on 21st of July I have 1.9 with most of that falling within first 6 days of the month. Downward trend but let's see what happens this week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BOOM! Today took the cake with a whopping 3.5" of rain in just one hour from a very heavy thunderstorm 4:15-5:15 PM that formed along a stationary front!! This was likely the heaviest rainfall I've witnessed here in one hour in at least several years. Numerous streets were impassible, ditches/canals were bankful or overflowing. Many cars got stuck. What made this worse was that it fell near high tide and the ground was already saturated from ~5-6" of rain just the prior 4 days, which included near 3/4" yesterday. Total for the last 5 days near an incredible 8.5-9"!! Month to date is near 10.5-12" vs normal of only 3.5"...so I've received ~triple the normal.
Wow, and I thought I was doing well, lol. I got another inch this morning, so that's 3 1/4 in three days...but you are clearly the champ! Congrats..don't knock the flooding, any rain in summer is good rain considering all the droughts we've seen since the early 80's. Just don't build on a flood plain, or low ground, and you'll be alright, even in a TD Alberto scenario :) Of course, all ground near the sea is low ground, but that's on you, beach comber Larry, lol.

IMBY (Hey, it's summer, I'm headed out for a week tomorrow, so what the heck) ...

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Jacksonville FL
329 PM EDT SAT JUL 21 201

Putnam FL-Alachua FL-Marion FL-Gilchrist FL
...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SOUTHERN GILCHRIST...SOUTHERN
ALACHUA...WESTERN MARION AND WEST CENTRAL PUTNAM COUNTIES UNTIL 415
PM EDT...
At 328 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking strong thunderstorms along
a line extending from near Bell to near Hawthorne. Movement was south
at 40 mph. Wind gusts of 45 to 55 mph can be expected along with possible minor
wind damage. Locations impacted include ... Gainesville, Ocala, Rainbow Lakes Estates, Trenton, Citra, Hawthorne,
Archer, University Of Florida, Sparr and Cross Creek.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... These storms may intensify ...

southeast_loop.gif

Last edited:
Dud up here on round 2! Why they wasted a STW for this crap, I’ll never understand! Glad I got my .22” of stratoform rain this morning! The big wet just keeps truckin!:(

Dud up here on round 2! Why they wasted a STW for this crap, I’ll never understand! Glad I got my .22” of stratoform rain this morning! The big wet just keeps truckin!:(
It's early yet. I don't think we need to be calling it a bust yet. This severe thunderstorm watch is well placed.

Hrrr has 1-2 here through tomorrow morning. Skeptical

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Might end up right after all. Rain moving in, if it holds together.

All is quiet here. Looks like all the storms will be to my south.

Not too far NW. Its here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nice. That mess is putting on a light show. Looks like it’s about 30 minutes away from me. Not sure it’ll hold together that long. Oh, and Greg Fisher just called me. STW. Kiss of death.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC
1109 PM EDT SAT JUL 21 2018

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...
CENTRAL WAKE COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...
NORTHWESTERN JOHNSTON COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 1215 AM EDT

* AT 1109 PM EDT, A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED NEAR ANGIER, OR 14 MILES NORTHEAST OF LILLINGTON, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

HAZARD...60 MPH WIND GUSTS AND PENNY SIZE HAIL.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.

IMPACT...EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS, SIDING, AND TREES.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
RALEIGH, GARNER, FUQUAY-VARINA, CLAYTON, ZEBULON, KNIGHTDALE, WENDELL, EMIT, LAKE WHEELER AND COATS CROSSROADS.

NM. Intense wind, power out. Green/blue flashes and massive rain.

Can’t wait to see the damage in the morning.

Back