• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January thread part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha! TWC - not defending it - CPC weekend with no human fingers on it - largely disregard it ...
Best!
Phil

PS - I'm the one who's been saying (elsewhere) since October that Feb is gonna be cold and wet - I'd love to see it happen btw!
no, this was made Friday...they don't update the weather hazards maps on weekends...the 6-10 day temp map, yes it updates automatically on weekends

FWIW we aren't alone. Nor'easter bringing cold rain to the northeast big cities and no snow in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The goofy seems pretty well locked in on a massive system diving in from Canada really beginning at 192, CMC shows the same thing but not as strong as goofy has it.

That system is so massive it's basically what rolls away the eastern trough...it's possible it's too amped.

Even though it does, it looks like it might be a quick moderation than reload.

Edit: Yep. Quick moderation, than it reloaded.

That disturbance hangs down in the Gulf way too long. Not much northern stream interaction to pull it. That clipper that comes down should help pull it. Something doesn't seem right with this run. That could just be me though.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

For those complaining that its mostly going to stay warm outside of one spell, uhhhh on the gfs after 96 hours I can only find three slides on temperature anomaly per history that have a good chunk of the southeast above climo.

That disturbance hangs down in the Gulf way too long. Not much northern stream interaction to pull it. That clipper that comes down should help pull it. Something doesn't seem right with this run. That could just be me though.

They do interact at 138-144 I *think* (looking at the 500 MB maps). But the interaction between the two waves is short lived.

This sub tropical cyclone that's spinning, spinning up there in nw Ga. is something to see. That doesn't happen all that often. Rain machine just sitting there. Reminds me of when Alberto got cut off. I'm expecting those heavy rains up there to swing thru here tonight, and I've already gotten over 2 1/2 inches, and the worst is up there still. Lordy, to have one of those when it's 25, lol. I dream of these things often, and I actually got to see a blizzard once, so dreams can come true. The Falcons made the super bowl..'nuff said :) A cut off cyclone winter storm, lol. Man, oh, man... but even if not, there is always something fascinating going on in the weather in winter. Nothing like the summer doldrums...winter is just more fun!! T

They do interact at 138-144 I *think* (looking at the 500 MB maps). But the interaction between the two waves is short lived.
Yes, they interact some at 138. Then at 198 there isn't any interaction with the disturbance at all. There should be interaction between the two. When the clipper comes down further south and east, they sould start to interact. Something as to pull that disturbance.

07ea1bbe2d55359f1c06106fc98ff7a8.jpg

d86e3497577f5e1ab889c3331e8e3cbc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back